PDA

View Full Version : Weird arss Mandarin?

Machupicchu
07/28/2010, 12:47 PM
So for the past two nights iv been watching my mandarin dragonette when the lights go out. One night i turned the lights out along with my moonlights and he swam out to the sand bed and was sleeping in his little mucus cocoon deal, however when i turned the moonlights back on he woke up and swam around the surface of the water for a good half an hour until i turned the moonlights back off. He then went back to the sand bed and slept again.
Now i notice that every time i leave the moonlights on he does this same thing.

I dont think hes ever done this before a few days ago. Hes not stressed out, and hes so fat off pods he has rolls:lolspin:

Is this normal? has anyone else experienced this with dragonettes?

Thanks, Chris

DeepSeaBeauti
07/28/2010, 01:10 PM
Well my mandarin does a simular thing. Only i noticed it in the morning when the lights come on. No mater where he is he looses all color( and he is colorfull) and is motion less, almost looks dead. Then 5mins later his color comes back almost instantly and hes moving about the tank again onthe hunt for food.

My Dragonette, well scooter blenny will actually burry himself up to his eyes, and blends in perfectly with the sand bed. soon as the light comes on its like he apeared out of thin water. lol

jaa1456
07/28/2010, 02:10 PM
My mandrin floats around the top like that also, No color and looks dead. The first time I saw it I thought he kicked the bucket.

Machupicchu
07/28/2010, 03:28 PM
Its soo weird. He dosent lose any color. Its like hes ****ed that the lights are still on.:lol: