PDA

View Full Version : Next fish?

justinf67
07/29/2010, 07:26 PM
I have a pretty new tank that I am going slow with. I cycled and added a yellow watchmen goby 3 weeks ago. Seems to be doing fine. I am gonna be adding my next fish soon.... Curious what I should add next?

I want:
black occelaris clown
6 line wrasse
green clown goby
flame hawk

out of that list which should I add in next?

d1hotblaze
07/29/2010, 07:36 PM
generally you want to add the most territorial fish last, i would go with the 6 line next, if you add fish that are aggressive you will never see your watchman again he will hide out all the time,occelaris clown last. not sure about the flame hawk, gould be agressive towards your clown goby depending on size of the clown goby, good luck

Sugar Magnolia
07/30/2010, 08:48 AM
I'll have to disagree with d1. Six lines are known to be territorially agressive and should be the last addition. Even then, it may, after being in the tank for a while, decide it needs to harass the other tank mates. I'd add the occelaris next, as those are one of the more docile clown species, then the clown goby. Personally, I'd skip the hawk. They tend to take out ornamental shrimp. The clown goby has a tendency to nip at corals so keep that in mind as well.

Darkstar22
07/30/2010, 08:56 AM
I agree on the six line. They are agressive!

justinf67
07/30/2010, 08:56 AM
Interesting, I wouldnt have figured that the occelaris would be the most docile out of the group. I had put my stock list on the thread that asks for advise and the guy said i would be okay with my list, even the hawk. Just need to watch him and the 6 line as they would be the most aggressive. Didnt know that about the clown goby either, i may rethink him. may go with a diadema instead.

kidkams
07/31/2010, 10:31 AM
i would add the clown goby next as they tend to be very small docile fish, from my experience hawkfish can be very aggresive. but thats just mho

shua71
07/31/2010, 11:43 AM
I've had black and whites before and they were super aggressive. More aggressive than a normal occelaris Thats my personal experience though.

justinf67
07/31/2010, 01:08 PM
so the general concensus is that all of the remaining fish can be somewhat aggressive then. So, no matter which I add, it doesnt matter that much... I will prob still add the black occelaris as I have not heard too much aggression from them.... The diadema has a bad reputation as well, which is why I will be getting a tank raised one if I get one at all.