PDA

View Full Version : MP40 driving me up the wall

DevilBoy
07/31/2010, 01:45 PM
I have a video on you tube of my vortech that will not stay running without rattling... any ideas?

here is the link, take a look and see if you guys would know how to fix it. About at the 2 minute mark, it quites down for a little bit but then will start up again. This vortech may go a day or two being silent then start all over again.

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1O1ZINEMM

GPhiAce
07/31/2010, 01:49 PM
Is it coming from the dry side or wet side- I can't tell from the video. Try taking the wetside apart, checking the shaft, and putting it back together. If it is the dryside, you have to send it in to be repaired. Don't try to take apart the dry side. You also may want to post this thread in the ecotech vendor forum. They are pretty good about trying to help. Good luck

DevilBoy
07/31/2010, 01:53 PM
i dont know what side it would be from i really never really noticed. I will have to put my ear by the dry side next time and see. When it rattles the dry side does get hotter then normal.

chrisqueenz
07/31/2010, 02:03 PM
Try the Ecotech forum on RC. You great help from there

tkeracer619
07/31/2010, 02:27 PM
pull the pump off the tank and hold the dry side in your hand. if its quiet then its the wet side. If its the wet side I think the bearing has started to wear down.

How old is it?

Definitely contact ecotech, they can probably tell you from your vid.

DevilBoy
07/31/2010, 05:50 PM
How old is it?

Definitely contact ecotech, they can probably tell you from your vid.

it is 3 months old and the wet side has already been replaced once by ecotech.

jedidog1
07/31/2010, 08:00 PM
lol it sounds like it has a rod knocking for the money they wont for these things it should pure like a cat and run like a Ferrari in my opinion there not worth the money or hassle

JAustin
07/31/2010, 08:02 PM
sounds like the wet side bearing. Mine is starting to do it too, it's over a year old though. Ecotech should hook you up with the part, easy to change.

Good luck.

tkeracer619
07/31/2010, 10:15 PM
lol it sounds like it has a rod knocking for the money they wont for these things it should pure like a cat and run like a Ferrari in my opinion there not worth the money or hassle

Most people would consider a Ferrari not worth the money or hassle. That is why they make Hyundai. I would still rather have the Ferrari even though I would know my mechanic on a first name basis.

I feel the same way about my Vortechs. Ecotech has a nice website that you can purchase very reasonably priced replacement parts should you need them. I have had minimal downtime out of my vortechs compared to the 8 koralias I purchased 3 years ago. Only 1 of those still works and since they are disposable, were a waste of my money. They also shocked me and that is something a Vortech is not gonna do.

08/01/2010, 01:17 AM

no reason to be hater because you can't afford one.

They have good CS. I am sure they will fix the problem if u link to the video and the serial number matches the purchase date.

kdirk
08/01/2010, 09:39 AM
Just because someone thinks their over priced doesn't mean they can't afford it. This isn't the first vortec to be loud and rattle around. I'm sure they will fix the problem. I think their over priced and i can afford them.

DevilBoy
08/01/2010, 04:22 PM
what i dont understand i bought the unit back in january of 2010, the wet side rattled back then, ecotech replaced the wetside, now 3 months later with a new wetside the rattling is back. will i have to keep replacing this every 3 months? I want to buy another vortech, but i am holding off since i cant get this one to quiet down for good.

08/01/2010, 07:27 PM
Just because someone thinks their over priced doesn't mean they can't afford it. This isn't the first vortec to be loud and rattle around. I'm sure they will fix the problem. I think their over priced and i can afford them.

Ok "because you can't afford one", was over the top. My apologies.

milkman55
08/01/2010, 10:05 PM
If the cause of the rattle is the wetside not staying aligned with the dry side, then reduce the pin spacer for glass thickness one notch and see if it will hold better.

I had this problem and Ecotech recommended this solution and I have not had any more issues with my two MP40's.