PDA

View Full Version : laundry tub basin/pump

BHHOWARD
07/31/2010, 03:17 PM
Has anyone used one of the Zoeller or Little Giant pumps and basins for a laundry tub in a fish room in the basement? I would be using it for cleaning the skimmer, water changes, and dehumidifier drain.

The following link lists the models:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/drainsystem.html

Thanks,
Brian

iamwrasseman
07/31/2010, 03:26 PM
if you are using the laundry tub to wash them in and this is the type of pump that is removing the water ? the answer is yes if so ,what you have there simply is a pump up unit used for when you have to pump your water up into your piping because the drains are to high for basement use .
if your pumping fish water with this then no as it has parts in it that will rust and create havoc within your tank over the period of some time .

what are you actually doing with this unit ? is it used to pump water out of your basement to upstairs plumbing ?
or is it something laying around and your trying to incorporate it into you fish system ?

iamwrasseman
07/31/2010, 03:30 PM
okay i went back and carefully read your post and it looks as though you are going to set it up for your disposal of fish water and cleaning along with disposal of you dehumidifier .
yes it will work well ,actually most zoeller pumps are made for sewage pumps and can handle anything . if its not for sewage i would recoment that you make sure to not flush any sand ,carbon or foreign objects as it may jamb the pump .
if its for sewage then its fair game and it will pump up mostly anything .