PDA

View Full Version : Cooooooool fish

jmaneyapanda
07/31/2010, 07:36 PM
Just came form my local store and he had a cool fish that I HAD to share. A MONSTER Titan trigger, with a poignant sign! Sorry about the bad video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mbz62UO88a0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mbz62UO88a0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

awestruck
07/31/2010, 07:49 PM
You're right, very cool fish.

jjk_reef00
07/31/2010, 08:19 PM
Awesome!!

LukFox
07/31/2010, 09:03 PM
Big titans are amazing!

kirkaz
07/31/2010, 09:18 PM
Impressive...Roughly how long is he Jeremy?

jmaneyapanda
08/01/2010, 06:04 AM
He was easily 14".

Snapper66
08/01/2010, 10:12 AM
Very Cool

jmccown
08/01/2010, 11:46 AM
OMG that was awesome. I love big Triggers. Big Titans are something rarely seen in our hobby. What's the story behind that one? Someone raise it to that size and trade it in?

Volturi21
08/01/2010, 12:25 PM
That's sweet! Such a cool trigger.

jmaneyapanda
08/01/2010, 07:36 PM
To be honest, Im not sure of the story. I doubt he bought it this big though. This place has a giant 2000 coral lagoon and a couple shark pools (where the sharks regularly breed too). This guy was just so personable. If I had a giant tank, I would ahve a fish like this, no doubt.

scubasteve06
08/01/2010, 08:01 PM
Has everyone seen these things attack divers? I've been snorkeling a lot before but I'd hate to have one of these guys following me around pecking at my fins lol.

Recty
08/01/2010, 09:07 PM
That is a great fish :)

sacremon
08/01/2010, 09:35 PM
Warehouse Aquarium in Chamblee, GA? I remember seeing that fish a couple weeks ago. One of the staff put up the sign after the fish nearly took off the tip of one of his fingers. I've been very tempted by the one other fish they have a warning sign up for - a stonefish.

TheHotOne
08/01/2010, 10:07 PM
Talk about a fish with great personality. That is my kind of fish, his teeth could easily leave a nice bite mark.

Crabber
08/02/2010, 05:25 AM
Very nice, he still has a ways to go though! Thanks for sharing.

humaguy
08/04/2010, 07:49 AM
This is the only fish that scared the crap out of me when diving...used to see one every day when i lived on Kauai, Hawaii and dove...he was as wide as a bowling ball and had a mouth full of sharp teeth....and was always in a really bad mood...

jmccown
08/04/2010, 09:02 AM
My dream tank would consist of (HUGE tank of course) a titan just like this, an adult queen trigger, full grown clown trigger and an adult miniatus grouper. Talk about a death tank. I already have two of those fish and the tank is on the planning table I just need the money, lol.

jmaneyapanda
08/04/2010, 09:25 AM
My dream tank would consist of (HUGE tank of course) a titan just like this, an adult queen trigger, full grown clown trigger and an adult miniatus grouper. Talk about a death tank. I already have two of those fish and the tank is on the planning table I just need the money, lol.

Epic death tank! Maybe an undulated too?

jmccown
08/04/2010, 11:32 AM
Nah, I have a 6" undulated in a tank of it's own now and they're pretty boring. They hide 98% of the time and just dart out to get food and then back into hiding. Their aggression comes by way of surpise attacks in the same manner. If another fish swims in their territory they dart out and attack and then go back again. I like fish that stay out and move alot and then beg for food when dinner time comes.

jmaneyapanda
08/04/2010, 11:36 AM
Nah, I have a 6" undulated in a tank of it's own now and they're pretty boring. They hide 98% of the time and just dart out to get food and then back into hiding. Their aggression comes by way of surpise attacks in the same manner. If another fish swims in their territory they dart out and attack and then go back again. I like fish that stay out and move alot and then beg for food when dinner time comes.

Hmmm. I once worked with a 6" undulated who had to be contained in a critter keeper whenever ANYTHING went in the tank. He would break plastic tongs and attcak gravel vacuums, no less anything living (including peoples arms). We actually made a critter keeper for him with that "Great Stuff" foam around the lid to keep it floating. He would kill anything and everything, live or inert.

Mentat
08/05/2010, 09:20 AM
Nice Titan, hope they find a good home for it.

Nah, I have a 6" undulated in a tank of it's own now and they're pretty boring. They hide 98% of the time and just dart out to get food and then back into hiding...

My Undulated behaved like yours until he reached around 3 in. then his personality changed. Now he is 90% of the time out and around, interacts with me, and constantly redecorates his tank (can lift rocks and shells his size). Fish does retreat to his cave to sleep and when startled; but ussualy out.

Recty
08/05/2010, 10:37 AM
This is the only fish that scared the crap out of me when diving...used to see one every day when i lived on Kauai, Hawaii and dove...he was as wide as a bowling ball and had a mouth full of sharp teeth....and was always in a really bad mood...That's cool, I dove in Hawaii multiple times and have snorkeled there pretty much every year for the last 10 years and never have seen a titan trigger, I didnt even know they were in those waters.