PDA

View Full Version : swallowtail angel pairing question

xxtriggermanxx
08/01/2010, 05:14 PM
I have two female angels that are about 3/4 inch difference in size.The larger is a bit over 3 inches. the tank is a 265 . my question is. will they always pair off or can they stay both females.They seem to get along, but really don't swim together. If they do pair up, how long does the change take weeks, months,? Thanks Ray
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/xxtriggermanxx/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0466.jpg

xxtriggermanxx
08/04/2010, 03:39 PM
Nobody at all ? I would have thought someone would have an idea....or even a guess.

64Ivy
08/04/2010, 06:06 PM
I am, or at least, I WAS in the same boat since one of my females died in QT. But I was told the range of experiences were all over the map on this question. In some instances, one of the females changed fairly rapidly. In others neither changed at all. And one hobbyist apparently had a female that nearly changed then for some reason decided to change back! Given all this, I'm think I'm just going to wait for a male.

SDguy
08/04/2010, 08:34 PM
Given all this, I'm think I'm just going to wait for a male.

Which may end up changing back to female if not a full male at the time, or just lose a majority of the male coloration, like mine did.

I don't think anyone has a good answer to questions regarding the sexes with genicanthus, in captivity.