PDA

View Full Version : Central Air Conditioning and Low PH

DLANDINO
08/01/2010, 06:48 PM
Any correlation? I tested my water tonight and am finding exceptionally low PH, like REALLY LOW! This is a quick change from a previous good test 3 days ago. I have done a water change since the last test but can see no reason for this drop. So, is there any link to constant use of Central Air and low PH? I have attempted to boost it a bit with Super DKH but I don't want to over shoot my ALK. I have just also ran an air line from my venturi line on my skimmer out my door and am going to leave it that way for the night. I guess I could have a bad test kit, or it is past its prime but I am sure it is not that simple. Any clue on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dave

Jeff
08/01/2010, 06:54 PM
It's all about gas exchange. You need to bring in more fresh outside air that has oxygen to displace the carbon dioxide that causes low ph. It's a common problem and the leading cause of low ph this time of year.

reef_doug
08/01/2010, 08:04 PM
Jeff is right. It's about gas exchange, and not just a/c. I moved 6 months ago from a newer house and had low pH. My recent house which is 20 yrs old has more cracks around the doors and the a/c runs more. My pH is good now 8.3 - 8.5.