PDA

View Full Version : 20g 4xt5 combo help

JUSTIN_HS
08/01/2010, 08:53 PM
hey everyone i have a reg 20g with 4xt5's on it i got the lights 6 months ago i still have the stock lights in it and from day 1 my corals color never popped
maybe a lil at the very start but now i put corals sps lps and it fades out i have a few pieces of green sps they turned brown my pink zoozs turned a lil brown put the zooz at the very top and the color comes back out a lil its just a fight with the corals color not poping just dont look the same at all when i get them and put them in the tank i just need help finding a good combo for my setup plz help thanx!

rtparty
08/01/2010, 09:12 PM
ATI Blue Plus
KZ Fiji Purple
KZ New Generation
ATI Blue Plus

That will be more PAR too which will help out.

JUSTIN_HS
08/01/2010, 10:23 PM
thanx will look that up

RokleM
08/02/2010, 09:02 AM
ATI Blue Plus
KZ Fiji Purple
KZ New Generation
ATI Blue Plus

That will be more PAR too which will help out.

Not firmiliar with the New Generation, details? Similar (and commonly recommended) setup:
ATI Blue Plus
KZ Fiji Purple
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

rtparty
08/02/2010, 04:01 PM
Not firmiliar with the New Generation, details? Similar (and commonly recommended) setup:
ATI Blue Plus
KZ Fiji Purple
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

It is bluer than an ATI Aquablue but whiter than the Blue Plus. It has a ton of PAR and looks really good.

I ordered mine along with a KZ Superblue a week ago to test them out. I saw the New Generation in person from a local reefer and liked it.

I run the combo you mentioned above and like it but too white and the Aquablue washes out colors for me.

JUSTIN_HS
08/03/2010, 03:46 AM
yea cuz im just lookin for somthing to make these corals pop and whats the best brand of light to get?

JUSTIN_HS
08/03/2010, 03:47 AM
iv never seen the kz b4. ima get a few of them ati though