PDA

View Full Version : lookin for info on breeding...

roktsintst
08/04/2010, 12:16 PM
Well I just noticed the my clowns have laid eggs on a frag rack in my frag tank and my multibared angels are spawning now. Where can I find some comprehensive info on breeding , setting up a tank to raise the fry, collecting the fry and feeding them ect...

Info on the internet as well as books would be fantastic!

Thanks
Ryan

landlord
08/04/2010, 03:28 PM
Ryan - Grab a copy of Joyce Wilkersons book on clownfish. It'll be enough to make you dangerous. Better yet, I simply learned most of what I know from the older breeding log thread in this forum.

For the angels you may want to go do some reading on mofib's board. Lots of info over there too. Info on angels is pretty sparse here.

Good Luck

Kurt

BTW - Frags are doing awesome!

roktsintst
08/05/2010, 11:05 AM
great. Thanks kurt...

That is great news on the frags! Let me know when you are ready for some more!

GreshamH
08/05/2010, 01:20 PM
I'd suggest Matt Wittenrich's book as it truly is the new MO Breeding bible and is up to date. Joyce's book is great, but a little dated now. If you can afford both, get both :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JK8zZTigL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

NirvanaFan
08/05/2010, 06:44 PM
I second Wittenrich's book. It is an excellent resource that includes instructions on how to rear many species. If you are looking to venture past breeding clownfish, it definitely is a must have.

Iwishihadgills
08/05/2010, 08:40 PM
Hey ryan i have the book that greshamh pointed out shoot me a pm if your interested

GreshamH
08/06/2010, 11:55 AM
Cameron, you can call me by my name if you like... Gresham (H is my last initial)

roktsintst
08/06/2010, 02:08 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys! If my multibars keep going at it I'm gonna give it a try! Pl,us I saw my venustus and another multi going at it a few days ago! Look up a multi X venustus hybrid! Absolutly stunning!