PDA

View Full Version : Who has tried peroxide for fungus?

zachfishman
08/06/2010, 10:16 AM
A small frag I bought last week has unfortunately begun to melt. It did exhibit some fungus which has receded, but is still present. FWIW I did treat the frag with Revive before introducing it. I plan on fragging off the (barely attached) ball of "healthy" zoas and leaving the rest to fate.

I'd like to knock out any fungus that might still be on the healthier bit, has anyone tried the peroxide method mentioned in this thread (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1831160&highlight=fungus)? Any other suggestions for what I can do for the dying zoas? (going brown jelly) :(

chucktd321
08/06/2010, 01:46 PM
what perecentage of perioxide are you using? I feel some people do like 3 parts tankwater 1 part perioxide or half and half. The thread that i read on another forum didin't end too well. the algae and fungus was gone but it was too harsh on the polyps

zachfishman
08/06/2010, 01:57 PM
In the thread the recommended dose was 10% peroxide in SW. This is ignoring the fact that the H2O2 is already diluted to 3% or 5% in the bottle.

I think I'll try 10% for 5min on the dying polyps, and see if the healthier ones will recover on their own.

zachfishman
08/06/2010, 05:44 PM
Well it looks like I won't have the opportunity to try peroxide. When I got home today the colony had detached from the prop disc and I have scattered zoas everywhere. Luckily, many have settled in some nice spots, so hopefully something will make it.