PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Outlets

SuperNemo
08/06/2010, 02:15 PM
Hi, I dont know for sure why, but the preset virtual outlets that is in the web applicaiton has disappeared.

When I first signed on, there was a whole list of things in the status page. Then I did some looking around to check out the web and then I dont know if I click on something that made the the list decrease to only the 8 outlets on the EB8.

Does anyone know how to restore the original list of on the status page before I screwed it up, i think.

Jim

swearint
08/06/2010, 03:24 PM
assuming that you are on V4.03, my first thought is that you selected a different status page. If you place your mouse over the Status Menu, a drop-down list will appear. Select All Status. That should display everything.

Todd

aquamanic
08/06/2010, 04:33 PM
my first thought is that you selected a different status page

X2

Chapter 2 of the User Guide (stickied at the top of the forum) has a 3 page write up of how to configure your display and the various options you have.

SuperNemo
08/06/2010, 06:38 PM
no, i selected all status. it only shows the 8 outlets, temp, ph and amps.

it use to show a whole list of items.

SuperNemo
08/06/2010, 06:47 PM
Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I use to have a lot more items in the status pages. Now its all gone except for the below items. It could be the Var Speed items or some other outlet type. Didn't get a good look unfortunately.

Is there a way to reset everything back to the default?

aquamanic
08/06/2010, 06:58 PM
go to the Configuration - Display Setup page. Toggle through the 4 page choices and find the one that matches what you're seeing. Then you can use the various drop down boxes (you have 16 to pick from) and add back the virtual outlets that are missing. Make sure the enabled/disabled radio button is checked.

SuperNemo
08/06/2010, 07:52 PM
Is the virtual outlets the on that stated with A1-A8?

How do i get the Var speed outlets back?

aquamanic
08/06/2010, 08:25 PM
Are the virtual outlets you are referring to the 4 variable speed, email alert, sound alarm and sound warning (they all end with I1 - I7)? They can't be deleted - they're there.

Did you go to the display setup page? Can you post a screen shot of the content of one of the drop down boxes for the icon lines?

swearint
08/06/2010, 08:31 PM
All Status should display them all. Try this, go to Configuration > Outlet Setup. At the top of the table is a pick list to select an Outlet. Click the button. Does that list all of them? If not, something got messed up, because you should not be able to delete the built-in virtual outlets such as the alarms, email, and Varx.

Todd

SuperNemo
08/06/2010, 10:22 PM
aqua, below are the images you request. There is nothing there except the 8 EB8 outlets.

Swear, your request screen print. Nothing in outlet setup either.

What else should I do? I dont know if I am running the lastest firmware. I got the unit about 2-3 months ago. Will that effect it? I run on Windows 7 with IE8.

Jim

aquamanic
08/07/2010, 06:35 AM
That's really weird. I've not seen this before - you can't delete those built in virtual outlets. I didn't think to ask, but is this a Lite? If so, it won't have those 4 variable speed outlets declared (but should have the others, esp. the email alarm).

The only thing I can think is a firmware issue/corruption. Even if you are running the latest, if it were me I'd reload the firmware and the web pages. If you need help doing that, there's a chapter on it in the User Guide.

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 10:42 AM
thanks aquamanic, i'll try to load the firmware. hopefully it will work.

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 10:48 AM
aquamanic, do you have a link to the firware upgrade. I see a lot of post on it, just want to make sure I get the right or final version.

I run Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

aquamanic
08/07/2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.neptunesys.com/apex_4_03.zip

wwanthony
08/07/2010, 11:15 AM
I have had a problem like this where my warning and alarm entries disappeared. I had to reinit and reprogram to get them to come back.

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 11:22 AM
man, i need help.

before i can reinstall the fireware, i need to have web interface setup.

can anyone help me out with that

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 11:37 AM
man, i save my configuration like the manual said.

Now I dont even have outlets anymore.

The outlet is gone now. I tried to restart the apex, but nothing.

can anyone offer any assistance? Thing is starting to to become very annoying.

swearint
08/07/2010, 12:11 PM
man, i need help.

before i can reinstall the fireware, i need to have web interface setup.

can anyone help me out with that
Not sure I understand what you mean. From the images you posted, you already have network access. The only requirement to load the firmware is to use a hard line rather than wireless. Alan's User Guide has a section on doing firmware upgrades, its pretty straight forward.

Todd

swearint
08/07/2010, 12:14 PM
man, i save my configuration like the manual said.

Now I dont even have outlets anymore.

The outlet is gone now. I tried to restart the apex, but nothing.

can anyone offer any assistance? Thing is starting to to become very annoying.
Wow, uncharted territory for me. First thing is to get the firmware uploaded. You may also have to do as wwanthony suggested. Once that is done, you should be able to re-load your saved config file.

Todd

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 06:35 PM
i tired the instructions, but with no luck.

I think the issue is with the port. I cannot access the apex via the internet outside my home network. Does that need to be setup before I can upgrade the firmware.

I looked at it seems like I am running 4.02_2H10. So it must be an older version.

Anyone can offer assistance on the port issue?

RussM
08/07/2010, 07:42 PM
You do not need external (from the Internet) access to upgrade the firmware.

SuperNemo
08/07/2010, 08:50 PM
Russ,

what am i doing wrong? I get to the last step on the upgrade but then all i get is that it cannot connect to the apex.

what could cause this problem