PDA

View Full Version : Deltec AP-701 Eheim 1260 Needlewheel

plc001
08/07/2010, 06:48 PM
All,

Some one its questioning this needlewheel condition. Can anyone verify for me that is or is not damage? I was told that the needlewheel was like that, with a patter, not broken teeth.

Thanks.

http://www.plcarrillophotography.com/photos/961742009_jPAEW-X3.jpg

manix man
08/07/2010, 08:05 PM
Yep it's normal for needle wheel to look like that, my deltec, OK it has the aquabee pump, but it is exactly the same design with them missing in the same positons. I know first time you see it you think oh these have droped off!!!

As you will notice it is a pattern at equal intervals around the diameter.

What I will say is it does look like you have scoring around the magnet and this often can give you extra noise and less efficency when it's rotating. If you sent Deltec the picture they would probably tell you to replace the needle impellor purely because of the scoring on the magnet.

n8rad
08/11/2010, 09:39 AM
nope thats right. Exactly how my 851 looks.

dahenley
08/11/2010, 10:31 AM
What I will say is it does look like you have scoring around the magnet and this often can give you extra noise and less efficency when it's rotating. If you sent Deltec the picture they would probably tell you to replace the needle impellor purely because of the scoring on the magnet.

that is what i mentioned.
the pinwheel looks fine and most are missing certain teeth from the factory. but the magnet should be smooth. with no grooves or scoring on the magnet.

you could have a bushing going out, or just have sucked up some sand in the skimmer pump which caused the scoring. but it could also mean something else. so i would look into replacing the magnet. or just sell it like you wanted to and as long as the buyer knows that the impeller looks like that, then your fine. they can replace it if they want.

plc001
08/11/2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks!