PDA

View Full Version : ATI Sunpower users

HowieB
08/08/2010, 03:28 PM
Hi all, I just picked up my 6 X 54 Sunpower unit. I have a question about the hookups. The 2 plugs are self explanitory, each one controls 3 bulbs. But there was also an AC/DC adapter in the package. I can't figure out how this attaches to the unit, and what it's for. There are 2 jacks on the end, one with a yellow tip and one with a black tip. Also a little ways up the wire there is an "+" with 4 more jacks. What's all this for? The instructions that came with it suck. Thanks

CMcNeil
08/08/2010, 03:31 PM
it probably is for the fans

rkaires
08/08/2010, 05:00 PM
It's for the fans.

JR's Reef
08/08/2010, 05:18 PM
Its for the fans. 1 plug runs 2 bulbs the other runs 4 or atleast that the way mine is. Also on the little box for the fans there are some #s the higher the # the faster the fans

HowieB
08/09/2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks all, I used one of the jacks on the "+" and the fans came on. What do you use to turn the lights on and off? Is there a good timer out there I can use? Also will the fans automatically come on with the lights or does the transformer need to be plugged into a timer also? Thanks

DustinB
08/09/2010, 12:16 PM
Here's an option for the fans. There are 2 light circuits, 2 bulb and 4 bulb.

You can run the 2 bulb for 12 hours and the 4 bulb for 8-10 hours.

Grab 2 decent digital light timers and a power strip from home depot, etc....
Plug one light timer into the wall, plug one power strip into it.
Plug the 2 bulb circuit, fans, and the other timer into this strip.
Plug the 4 bulb circuit into the second timer.

The first timer will turn on the 2 bulb circuit, fans, and the other timer.
The second timer will turn on the 4 bulb circuit.
Fans will run the whole time.
The second timer will turn off the 4 bulb circuit.
First timer will turn everything off...

You could also get a digital controller like the reef keeper or the apex, etc.... if you want to spend the cash.

HowieB
08/09/2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks Dustin, that's exactly what I was looking for.

HowieB
08/11/2010, 01:33 PM
Wait a minute, if the 2nd timer is plugged into the first, when the first timer shuts off, the second timer will have no power and lose it's settings.

DustinB
08/11/2010, 01:46 PM
Not with that little lithium battery in the back of it which only has to apply the smallest amount of power to keep the memory.