PDA

View Full Version : nsw mix calc mixup

rob.mwpropane
08/08/2010, 08:41 PM
Ok, its not a big problem, but I can't figure out what to do. I mixed up a new batch in a 30 gal trash can and tested. I brought all levels to where I wanted except I dosed the needed calcium to raise 70 gal where I wanted, not the 30 I was working with. I just can't come up with any ideas how to remedy my situation. Maybe raise alk to the point where it decreases calc? Please advise, Tia. I'm just stumped, I realized what I had done after it clicked, x"gosh thats alot of calciumk?x"

Fishamatank
08/08/2010, 09:05 PM
dilute it with more nsw.

rob.mwpropane
08/09/2010, 05:30 AM
That would be a great idea, that's if the wife liked the idea of the first trashcan in the laundry room. Is that really my only option? I can't suppress the additional calc somehow? To make it precipitate out?

rob.mwpropane
08/09/2010, 05:33 AM
As a note I haven't checked my levels yet, but I'm sure calc is high, all is low. I will test today, but any other ideas are welcome.

Chris27
08/09/2010, 07:13 AM
If the water isn't a milky white, you probably don't have nearly the problem you think. Just go about doing your water change - a raise in calcium won't hurt anything - it'll just make it so you don't have to dose it as much over the next week.