PDA

View Full Version : Which Co2 tank/regulator should I buy?

walkerbrody
08/08/2010, 11:26 PM
I can get a new 5lb co2 tank with a new standard regulator for $100 and a solenoid for $10, I have a needle valve arround here somewhere, or, I can get a used 5lb co2 tank (looks pretty good) not sure of the hydro date and a nice regulator designed for a calcium reactor with a built in solenoid and needle valve for $125. How nessessary/usefull is a nice regulator designed for reef use?

JeF4y
08/09/2010, 07:53 AM
A high end regulator is worth it IMHO. You're dropping thousands of PSI down to a single BUBBLE every few seconds. That can be tough with some of the cheaper regulators. And having a needle valve and solenoid (and preferrably a controller) is really a must from my perspective.

mark728
08/09/2010, 08:23 AM
Don't mess around get the Reef Fanatic CO2 regulator it's worth the extra cash I bought 2 cheaper regulator's and had problems with them never held a bubble count,then I bought the Reef Fanatic CO2 regulator you set it 1 time and forget it,And the 2nd mistake was getting a 10lb tank last about a 1yr on my 120g sps tank now I got a 20lb tank which should last for 2yrs .

shifty51008
08/09/2010, 08:25 AM
I would really check out the aquarium plants regulator, it is a little more than others but I have never heard of anyone complain about them breaking or not working as they are supposed to.

marinelife
08/09/2010, 09:50 AM
I have the electronic Bubble counter from Aquarium Plants. It was a pain to get going but once you do it is awesome. Their support needs improving as well.
All in all a good unit.