PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the Aquatronica users?

builderguy
08/09/2010, 03:38 PM
A few years ago there were a lot of champions of this controller.

What happened?

gasman059
08/10/2010, 09:49 AM
Many of us still around- solid system w/o major issues perhaps that's why u don't hear lots of hoopla.

nemo's janitor
08/10/2010, 04:06 PM
Yup all is still good. Like my Sinclair spectrum and Millard 20w valve amp. Still works without a hitch.

Need a serious upgrade though.

Jokes aside. Yeh the AT works very well. Just hope it does not die.

Paradiddle7
08/10/2010, 05:53 PM
Maybe there's a European forum with more users?

RobbyG
08/11/2010, 06:51 PM
Yep everything is working great, I have had no software issue's in a long long time.
Also not much new that I can think of pestering Aquatronica to add, the Darn controller does just about everything and does it well :)
Mine has been working without a single touch by me for 2 years straight and I have just about every device they sell plugged into it.

A kind of double wammy for this forum because on top of current users having almost no issue's there are not that many new people getting into SW Aquariums. This whole economy issue makes a SW Aquarium just about the last thing on most peoples minds and it has made a lot of old users throw in the Towel to save on money for other high priority items like a mortgage :)
If you look at all the Forums on the board you notice a lot less people than you would have seen listed as being (Online) two years ago.

Paradiddle7
08/11/2010, 11:33 PM
Tell me about it with this economy. Also, my property taxes just went from 11k to 17k and we are thinking of moving because I just cannot support giving our government any more of my money. Shouldn't there be a tax cut for reefers? Just when I got my tank installed in the wall and investing time and money into it again. Now with a newborn, the first thing I will cut is my tank, if $$$ becomes an issue. It would make me sick to sell all this stuff.

I was thinking about jumping ship in AT but everyone is right here. If your controller can do what you need it too, no reason to jump ship. I think that it will take DA another year to work out their bugs and quality control issues anyways. It's not worth the risk to switch.

I hope AT keeps going.

purebullet417
08/12/2010, 06:08 PM
any of you guys need parts/ a backup system aquatronica pm me

nemo's janitor
08/14/2010, 05:36 PM
any of you guys need parts/ a backup system aquatronica pm me

Tnx for the heads up bud. However from my side all my systems are ticking along very nicely. You might want to sell your system as a system rather as spares. Not much packing up these days i must say. So a bit missing from a set may leave you with a long term issue.

purebullet417
08/15/2010, 06:31 PM
thanks ^ looks like someone wants the full setup sucks that after the fact of getting the apex aquatronica finally sent me a new headunit but o well someone well end up with a nice system at a fraction of the cost

RobbyG
08/16/2010, 01:01 PM
Tell me about it with this economy. Also, my property taxes just went from 11k to 17k and we are thinking of moving because I just cannot support giving our government any more of my money. Shouldn't there be a tax cut for reefers? Just when I got my tank installed in the wall and investing time and money into it again. Now with a newborn, the first thing I will cut is my tank, if $$$ becomes an issue. It would make me sick to sell all this stuff.

I was thinking about jumping ship in AT but everyone is right here. If your controller can do what you need it too, no reason to jump ship. I think that it will take DA another year to work out their bugs and quality control issues anyways. It's not worth the risk to switch.

I hope AT keeps going.

At this point I am pretty sure AQT will keep going for many years to come. They have a fully working system and no bugs to fix, they most likely they have a large production run in stock, so all they need is a few sales staff and they can keep going. I am more worried about companies that are still trying to get a perfect system, they are spending big cash on engineers and support
while sales are probably all down hill.

Congrats on the Baby, they are a real game changer, when my Son was born I gave up several hobbies to buy Diapers :) Just kidding, but in truth I gave up RC Planes because weekend flying was just out for me. The most I can juggle are two hobbies at a time, so for now it's Aquariums and Ham Radio.
Hopefully one day I will get back into RC, I have 4 planes sitting in a closet and the Wife has been very patient, I guess she knew what I sacrificed.

Paradiddle7
08/16/2010, 01:55 PM
Robby! RC, I Love it. I used to have a serious indoor/electric racing addiction at the end of high school and college. I used to also build my own electric models and fly them, so I could use all my RC motors and batteries. I got into my first SW tanks at about the same time too. I was just thinking a couple days ago, when will my son be old enough for us to build and fly our first plane! That's so ironic!

There must be a gene for hard core addiction based hobbies. RC and Fish tanks must trigger this gene! Maybe it's the same gene for shopping in women! My wife is so great, she told me that I'm not spending enough $$$ on our tank and that I can use her next bonus to buy whatever I want for our tank! I know the next question guys! She does have an identical twin sister but she's taken already!

The new breed of DF electric models looks really cool too and probably much more affordable nowadays compared to the mid to late 80's when I was racing.

RobbyG
08/18/2010, 04:00 PM
You know your about the fourth person with a SW Aquarium that has told me that RC was the hobby they did before SW AQ :) I think your right, it seems like there is some sort of link between people who like RC to just naturaly go into Aquariums. Unfortunetly they both are expensive hobbies, it's very hard to do both without going broke.
You might want to take a look at Ham Radio someday, it's very enjoyable and you meet some great people. I know that Gilberto (IK2VOV) on this forum is a Ham Operator in Italy, his name Forum name IK2VOV is actually his call sign.