PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr problem: sudden power dips.

stryker
08/10/2010, 07:36 AM
I have the original blue AC jr. and it has been solid for years. After unplugging the unit to install a new sump, I started everything up fiine.

Problem is now, i will have sudden power dips where everything plugged into the DC8 (pumps and lights) losses power for a while, then turns back on later. The face unit does not lose power and I am not in feed mode.

After tinkering around with it I've figured out that when this happens, I can navigate into the feed menu and keep entering and exiting feed mode until the power comes back on.

Here is my question... Is the face unit bad or the DC8 bad, or is it time to get a whole new unit? I tried to unplug the face unit but id did not help. Is there a way to cold reboot the face unit and start over fresh?

thanks,
terry

schwaggs
08/10/2010, 09:51 AM
When you plugged everything back in, did you re-route the control cable? This is the cable with phone connectors on each end that goes between your DC8 and AquaController head unit. The problem may be interferance being introduced into this cable. Make sure it is not routed next to or along with any pumps or electrical wires. You can also check the connectors on each end of the cable to make sure they are clean and connecting securely.

stryker
08/10/2010, 09:57 AM
The wires are all in a jumble! Ill have to try to clean it up and seperate the control cable. Would this cause the power loss to the DC8?

Anybody else have ideas to share? I was thinking I might have one of the outlets overloaded? Are there seperate load limits on the DC8?

schwaggs
08/10/2010, 10:21 AM
So are you sure the DC8 is losing power or is it that all the outlets are turning off?

When it occurs again, can you try manually turning off then manaully turing on one of the outlets and let us know what happens.