PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Goby Mess

Pallaz
08/10/2010, 01:54 PM
Ok I got a diamond goby on sunday and after I let him out in the tank he went right to work. That's good right. However, my tank is now cloudy and there is stuff all over the rocks and my leathers. Does this sand cloud eventually calm down as he calms down. My sand bed was dirty before and he is doing great at cleaning it up but is my tank tank going to be clody all the time now? it is pretty bad.

sante210
08/10/2010, 03:17 PM
Do you have very fine sand???

I haven't had a problem with mine making the water cloudy but I don't have super fine sand...

When he's picking up the sand can you see him making a cloud?

Eric45
08/10/2010, 03:42 PM
IF your gravel is dirty it will kick up a cloud for a while. That cloud is full of good stuff for your corals however, so I wouldn't worry about it. After a week or two, the gravel will be clean and the clouding will stop.

Cozmo4
08/10/2010, 03:49 PM
IF your gravel is dirty it will kick up a cloud for a while. That cloud is full of good stuff for your corals however, so I wouldn't worry about it. After a week or two, the gravel will be clean and the clouding will stop.

+1 My tank was a mess for a week or two after I got mine, especially because I have a pretty fine grade of sand, but after he got all of that nasty stuff in the sand into suspension, the dust storms subsided.