PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Crosshatch Triggers in DD

LamboBoy
08/10/2010, 04:37 PM
Anybody got to see how big the pair of Crosshatch triggers in Diver's Den tonight?

I got on too late and either it was gone or they didn't make it for today.

GoingPostal
08/10/2010, 04:41 PM
8" +

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/itemdisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=96283&ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

kirkaz
08/10/2010, 04:49 PM
A nice pair for sure, I must admit I paid more than $400 less than that for my equally nice pair from Aquatouch, and they were QTed for a month.:beer:

LamboBoy
08/10/2010, 05:43 PM
8" +

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/itemdisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=96283&ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

I see it, I must have missed the last page when I looked at it from my iphone..... sorry.

Nice pair, I wish I would have waited to get this pair, I trust DD's fish over any other source, I know it's more $ but to me, it's worth paying for quality.

Baldwin
08/11/2010, 05:37 AM
I love divers den, but that price is just insane, I saw two equally sized and equally nice crosshatchs last weekend for 300$ for the pair. I think I can q/t them my self if it will save me an extra 600$, Lol

RBU1
08/11/2010, 06:24 AM
I must agree with Lambo on this one. Paying more for fish is worth it. But if you are willing to take the chance its up to you. I have lost a fair share of fish trying to save money. Its all about the chance you are willing to take. You can spend $700 from the DD and have a guarentee or you can get them from a diver and spend $250.00 but if they don't make it your SOL.....

Crabber
08/11/2010, 06:26 AM
Where are crosshatches $300 a pair? I've seen $500. They've definitely come down in price over the years, I've never really looked into them due to size and price, but now might be a good time to start.

RBU1
08/11/2010, 06:31 AM
Where are crosshatches $300 a pair? I've seen $500. They've definitely come down in price over the years, I've never really looked into them due to size and price, but now might be a good time to start.

I have seen them for $250.00 a pair...

kirkaz
08/11/2010, 07:11 AM
Trust me on this one guys, nobody does a better job of preparing fish for captive life than Aquatouch and that includes DD. Check out their website sometime, but don't take the website's word for it, ask anybody in Phoenix and they will tell you the same thing.

RBU1
08/11/2010, 07:44 AM
Trust me on this one guys, nobody does a better job of preparing fish for captive life than Aquatouch and that includes DD. Check out their website sometime, but don't take the website's word for it, ask anybody in Phoenix and they will tell you the same thing.

I have heard good things about them. But how does there guarentee compare to the others?

kirkaz
08/11/2010, 07:51 AM
I have heard good things about them. But how does there guarentee compare to the others?

A fair question, and yes their guarantee is not as good as DD or BlueZoo...I guess the only argument would be a healthy fish that is eating and been in QT for a month doesn't really need a guarantee, which is fine for me as a local, but I can understand wanting a guarantee on a fish shipped overnight cross country....Not really sure of their guarantee on WYSIWYG fish.

Crabber
08/11/2010, 10:26 AM
So there's no guarantee from aquatouch? No matter how cheap a fish is, I wont buy unless there's at least a healthy arrive guarantee. I've had a cxi emperor arrive with more water on the box then in the bag,needless to say he didn't make, I cant credit for that. Bill, $250 a pair? Where? You got yours from Hawaiiansaltwaterfish right?

scubarob
08/11/2010, 10:29 AM
You know... Our UDUBB fan here has a moot point. It IS worth it to pay more for a fish that is of superior quality. And, with crosshatch triggers (and all other deepwater fish for that matter), the importance of QT and medicating is very high. The water quality at the depths that these guys are found in is very high and the currents strong so they are constantly in a very clean environment. Additionally the water temps are much cooler so several forms of bacteria are not found where these guys are. Once they are collected and brought up they become suseptible to infection by these bacteria and certain parasites because they are not used to the warmer water or need more sterile conditions. Best acclimation technique is to keep it (crosshatch) in a 15-20gal. tub with 1-2 airstones and Furizone treated water and do daily water changes for 7 days. No feeding should be attempted at this time. After 7 days in the tub attempt to feed a very small amount of Mysis. If it eats then you can safely add it to the main tank at that time, if not then continue the Furizone tratment for another 3 days and then try to feed again. Important is that the water in the bucket be at a constant temp between 72F-75F the whole time.

RBU1
08/11/2010, 11:15 AM
So there's no guarantee from aquatouch? No matter how cheap a fish is, I wont buy unless there's at least a healthy arrive guarantee. I've had a cxi emperor arrive with more water on the box then in the bag,needless to say he didn't make, I cant credit for that. Bill, $250 a pair? Where? You got yours from Hawaiiansaltwaterfish right?

Thats is correct http://www.hawaiisaltwaterfish.com/index.htm

That was a good 4 months ago.

kirkaz
08/11/2010, 11:23 AM

They do offer an "alive arrive" guarantee, but that's it....Like I said, I'm local and have great trust in their animals and the meticulous QT they provide.

You know... Our UDUBB fan here has a moot point. It IS worth it to pay more for a fish that is of superior quality. And, with crosshatch triggers (and all other deepwater fish for that matter), the importance of QT and medicating is very high. The water quality at the depths that these guys are found in is very high and the currents strong so they are constantly in a very clean environment. Additionally the water temps are much cooler so several forms of bacteria are not found where these guys are. Once they are collected and brought up they become suseptible to infection by these bacteria and certain parasites because they are not used to the warmer water or need more sterile conditions. Best acclimation technique is to keep it (crosshatch) in a 15-20gal. tub with 1-2 airstones and Furizone treated water and do daily water changes for 7 days. No feeding should be attempted at this time. After 7 days in the tub attempt to feed a very small amount of Mysis. If it eats then you can safely add it to the main tank at that time, if not then continue the Furizone tratment for another 3 days and then try to feed again. Important is that the water in the bucket be at a constant temp between 72F-75F the whole time.

I sent you a PM Rob.

jmccown
08/11/2010, 11:27 AM
Les at WPH has sells all the time on X-hatches for around the price that Baldwin speaks of and he always QT's his. My bro in law just got a really nice pair from him and they look great.

tasha6
08/11/2010, 11:35 AM
I also got a pair from Les about 3 months ago. Came in very healthy and continue to do so.

Baldwin
08/11/2010, 04:32 PM
Les at WPH has sells all the time on X-hatches for around the price that Baldwin speaks of and he always QT's his. My bro in law just got a really nice pair from him and they look great.

Hey Jason, try to talk Butch into putting up a new video for me, I would love an update on his tank, and yours!

Crabber
08/11/2010, 04:41 PM
I was just quoted $450 for a pair of hatches by one of the recommendations in this thread.

RBU1
08/12/2010, 05:51 AM
I was quoted...$150.00 for a male and $100.00 for a female.

Crabber
08/12/2010, 06:22 AM
Was that from hawaiisaltwaterfish or wetpetshawaii?

RBU1
08/12/2010, 06:32 AM
hawaii

thirst
08/31/2010, 02:18 AM
can you order directly from hawaii saltwater? aren't they a wholesaler? I'm trying to find a pair of crosshatch.

RBU1
08/31/2010, 03:38 AM
You can order directly. I have done it twice now. Call him and see what he says. Whats the worse he can say no...

khaosinc
08/31/2010, 04:40 AM
I also just got mine from WPH... hard to find someone who takes better care of fish.. He's alot lower key and not a full blown wholesaler, so sometimes you need to jump on things when he gets them.

RBU1
08/31/2010, 05:54 AM
I also just got mine from WPH... hard to find someone who takes better care of fish.. He's alot lower key and not a full blown wholesaler, so sometimes you need to jump on things when he gets them.

WPH is also a great person to get fish from. His prices are considerably higher then the Hawaii saltwater fish.