PDA

View Full Version : Canadian reefers!

joemelo
08/12/2010, 07:34 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm from Windsor, Ontario

I usually buy dry goods online@ BRS( even though they are american they are still super cheap after shipping and duty) and jlaquatics ( free shipping over $100)

But where is the best place to by corals.
I never buy corals online because I don't know of any sites besides
fragalot.ca and fragd.it

let me know what you think?
feel free to add me if you're from my area!!

eb8919
08/12/2010, 08:21 PM
Hey whats going on, I'm also from Windsor. There was a good thread not to long ago about good candian coral sites but if you want to skip the pain of shipping, a great place to get some coral is the Tropicorium in Romulus Michigan..It's about 20 minutes from the border and there selection is practically unlimited. I've got a few extra frags lying around if you want to make some trades :bum:

Luckylouse
08/12/2010, 09:24 PM
Guys,

I'm originally from Windsor and now I live in Burlington near Oakville. Save your cash and make a visit here. It's well worth the price. This area is loaded with great Reef places.

send me a PM when you can make it and i'll personally bring you to visit my contacts. I'll get you deals too.

Check out my build to see some of the quality corals I've been getting.

joemelo
08/12/2010, 09:25 PM
Sounds good to me
I plan on heading up there soon!

Luckylouse
08/12/2010, 09:29 PM
Cool.

I'm heading to Windsor on Saturday to hang with friends.

Luckylouse
08/12/2010, 09:43 PM
Here's my tank build to give you an idea.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804039&highlight=luckylouse

I have to update these as it's 30+ days old.

eb8919
08/12/2010, 09:45 PM
Wow...you got some really nice coral. Hows the pricing out there...and how longs the drive to Windsor?

Luckylouse
08/12/2010, 09:57 PM
Prices are the best in the continent. I'm not kidding. It's a price war here because there are so many coral stores.

What do you prefer? I'm an SPS freek and I'm only looking for a few corals now as things are growing ouf of control in my tank. Actually, I have a few mini colonies that I'd be willing to sell to make room for other stuff.

I have some stores that bring their stuff from Australia and then ship to the nicest store in the U.S. They are cream of the crop for corals in North America.

If you want zoos... I have a good source. If you want ACANS... I can find a great source too. Let me know... and I'll source it for you. Just drop me line... leave you car at my place and I'll tour you around the area. I have guys in New York wanting to trade ultra rare corals with me because they can't get them anywhere else. Dealing corals over the border is a real NO.NO. Cities rules the trade and we need to respect the process of pay dearly.

Windsor to my place is a little more than 3 hours.

kraut3253
08/12/2010, 10:57 PM
Being in Vancouver, I buy most of my corals at that jlaquatics place you mentioned. I have never tried online. I have the opposite problem. I need to flush my excess corals down down the toilet when I prune my tank because there is no marine aquarium club here to trade frags at.

chatyak
08/12/2010, 11:14 PM
Being in Vancouver, I buy most of my corals at that jlaquatics place you mentioned. I have never tried online. I have the opposite problem. I need to flush my excess corals down down the toilet when I prune my tank because there is no marine aquarium club here to trade frags at.

I'll take them.

Canadian Reefer
08/13/2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Joe well we already met lol. Pets n ponds sells stuff pretty reasonable as does ebay.