rogerwilco357
08/13/2010, 02:08 AM
when is the best time to feed sps?

vtysl
08/13/2010, 11:29 AM
I usually feed mines at night when they extend their feeding tentacles

chessmanmark
08/13/2010, 02:24 PM
I give them a little Oysterfeast in the morning when I get up. It's the middle of the night for my corals as my lights don't come on until 4:00 pm.

GhostCon1
08/13/2010, 02:28 PM
I feed mine when polyps are all out.

This happens to be all day(light day), every day(light day). Funny thing is, I have no PE at night :confused:

Well, actually I have been getting a little PE at night as of the past two nights, but nothing great.

buy_baff
08/13/2010, 03:15 PM
I feed at night when polyps are fully extended. I shut off the return pump and then feed the tank so the coral can consume the food insted of it getting filtered out. I leave the return off for about 3 hours. I only feed the coral once a week as they get pleanty of fish poo.

rogerwilco357
08/15/2010, 12:25 AM
I feed mine when polyps are all out.

This happens to be all day(light day), every day(light day). Funny thing is, I have no PE at night :confused:

Well, actually I have been getting a little PE at night as of the past two nights, but nothing great.

that is why i ask i have full polyp extension when the light are on all day and at night minimal extension so i ask when is best day or night i feed mid day and sometimes at 2 a.m when i am up the dt's stuff for the corals not the fish. i feed mid day both fish and some coral food but the fish eat then they poop all over the place feeding the corals even more so that is great feed fish mid day and light feed dt's and such at night ..every other day or so.