PDA

View Full Version : Most recent purchase.. closer to my tank!

RG21
08/13/2010, 11:16 PM
Today i was able to find what i feel to be a great deal, considering all the stuff i got and the condition it is in. check it out:

92 gal Corner bow front tank

A custom built corner stand, built much stronger than the one that came with it. this one also extends beyond the edges of the tank, giving me more space/allowing me use the edges during maintenance. it also allows for a larger sump

2- 1600gph dual dual powerheads

A PC hood.. and any idea of the bulbs, im not 100% sure what they are?

return pump. i forgot the gph.. ill edit this soon

3- heaters, various sizes

1- 20gal L sump

1- 20gal tank drilled for a refugium

3-20 gal light hoods with various bulbs in them

vinyl tubing for plumbing

Fluval 304 with all the media (dont even know if ill use it)

net..

its pretty ridiculous all the stuff i was able to get. all for 325..

i am planning on building my own sump depending on what size tank i can fit underneath. I obviously still have to invest in a good protein skimmer, and i want to have a phos reactor, calcium reactor, an ro/di unit w/ auto top off and a uv sterilizer before i even set it up. can you guys think of any other not-so-necessary-but-useful equipment i can put into it?

i want this to be my dream set up.. im gonna see how it feels and maybe even upsize from there, but first i want to establish this 92 and get used to using all of the advanced equipment. tell me what you think!

-rg21

TampaReefer79
08/13/2010, 11:20 PM
I'm kind of confused about the lighting. You mention T5's in the description, but the photo is of a power compact fixture. Did you mix up your description? Or were you sold power compacts under the T5 name?

And did you say you're going to stand on the lip of the stand to do maintenance? lol I wouldn't do this... ;)

RG21
08/13/2010, 11:34 PM
I'm kind of confused about the lighting. You mention T5's in the description, but the photo is of a power compact fixture. Did you mix up your description? Or were you sold power compacts under the T5 name?

And did you say you're going to stand on the lip of the stand to do maintenance? lol I wouldn't do this... ;)

oops thank you for pointing those out... i guess i should proof read. i referred to the smaller t5s twice instead of the power compacts.

and i didnt mean that I would stand i meant like put things on the edge of it

i was in a rush ill edit those ha..

RG21
08/13/2010, 11:44 PM
Now that i think about it, i dont need a calcium reactor because i am thinking about running this as a FOWLR..

Dave VG
08/14/2010, 05:46 AM
Nice score!!!!

Saltwatercoral2
08/14/2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds like you got a pretty good Idea, I just picked up a 54 gallon corner tank not long ago, and turned it into my seahorse tank!

gpkozmp
08/14/2010, 11:10 AM
the pictures in the background are nice too...

Nice setup

RG21
08/14/2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you got a pretty good Idea, I just picked up a 54 gallon corner tank not long ago, and turned it into my seahorse tank!

how many you got in there?

Saltwatercoral2
08/14/2010, 11:50 AM
I only have 2 seahorses in there right now.. I just upgraded for a 25 gallon.. I am planning to get a few more.. My nephew is 2 and is telling me he wants, green ones, blue ones, yellow ones! lol.. Dont think there is any green or blue ones though.. I do plan to add some yellow ones, and a few more black ones.

TampaReefer79
08/14/2010, 11:51 AM
Seahorses require a tank geared more toward height than length.

RG21
08/14/2010, 02:10 PM
i want to set my 92 up as a fowlr but havent really decided what to stock it with..