PDA

View Full Version : Quick T5 question

Mandarinman13
08/15/2010, 02:08 PM
Hello All.

I have been in the hobby for many years, and have always used a combo of Metal halide and VHO on my reef tank. This lighting has always done great for me. That being said i have'nt payed much attention to T5 lighting. Now i am looking into the T5's mainly because of the color combo options and the money saving efficiency. My first question is what brand makes the best individual reflectors? and is there a place online you would recommend for good deals?

Thanks everyone.

-James

rtparty
08/15/2010, 02:15 PM
The best reflectors on the market are made by ATI. They don't however really have a retro fit kit. You can call Reefgeek and get them but have to do some work to use them.

I would go with the second best made by LET Lighting. Reefgeek sells them and they are priced nicely. Call up Reefgeek and talk to them about them.

Mandarinman13
08/15/2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the response. I see them on reefgeek. I am thinking about running 4 of the 54w on my icecap 660, and then 2 more 54w on a workhorse. This will be over a 75g tank.

jeremyreef
09/12/2010, 01:18 PM
I would get a real t5 ballast for the other two. The workhorse does not have programmed start or end of life protection, this can cause premature bulb failure.