PDA

View Full Version : Is this a yuma?

Reefer08
08/16/2010, 11:47 PM
I bought a rock filled with these mushrooms. They slowly melted away in my tank. Can anyone ID them for me please? How am I supposed to acclimate these? I just placed it in low light and a few days later it melted away. Thanks for the help

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/darkbluegolf/Yumas.jpg

mak3mydae
08/17/2010, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure... I wouldnt count on it being a yuma. How much did it cost? Yuma's are generally more expensive than florida's. Do you have any other pictures of it before it started to melt? I like your macro btw

GhostCon1
08/17/2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think it's a ric at all. Not sure what type of shroom it is, but it is very pretty.

sks4613
08/17/2010, 09:47 PM
They look just like very stressed Yumas to me. For me Yumas have been weird. I have had some that flourish and I have some that couldn't melt fast enough. I will say the ones that have all melted were wild colonies and not aqualcultred. I have never lost one that I knew to be aquacultured. The ones I lost were probably stressed beyond belief in transit then wound up in my tank. Not all wild colonies have died though. For me it's kinda been a shot in the dark. Some will some wont. Those woulda looked sick though.

Reefer08
08/17/2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone. Im pretty bummed out that they are melting. The babbies were the first to melt away. They all look healthy when I got them and I think it was the next day or two that things started going bad.

Was I supposed to drip acclimate the coral? I simply took it out of the bag and placed it in my tank. I didn't dip it because I was scared id stress it and I knew yuma's to be difficult to keep.

GhostCon1
08/18/2010, 01:07 AM
You didn't temp. acclimate or do a dip?

Reefer08
08/19/2010, 06:24 PM
You didn't temp. acclimate or do a dip?

No I didn't temp. acclimate. I wish I did though at a minimum though. I purposely didn't dip because I didn't want to add any stress. Oh well 150 bucks down the drain :sad1:

sks4613
08/19/2010, 07:54 PM
for future reference. Temp acclimation is minimal always at least do that and only that in situations where it is urgent to get in tank ASAP. Always for the health of you corals your adding and the ones in your tank currently do a dip. The dip will help the coral shouldn't add stress to them. Yumas can regrow from pedal laceration. Even if they all melt I would I would hang onto the rock for a bit just in case. I had some pizza yumas that were wild and melted. They were growing on a stem and I left it in the tank. Sure enough I noticed the other day a new one about the size of a #2 pencil eraser growing. You never know.
Good luck.

adamfajge
08/19/2010, 08:04 PM
I once had a green and pink one and it melted away. I think that difference colored ones seem to melt before others. I have a big red one that has had about 5 babies in my tank.