PDA

View Full Version : Light schedule?

justinf67
08/17/2010, 11:06 AM
Okay, new to coral and salt, but learning quickly... I had gotten a few frag of ricordea and xenia, which have been under 6500k screw in cfl's...60 watts worth... I just got my fishneedit quad bulb setup today. Will it be shocking to them? I have the rics pretty low already and the xenia middle of the tank....

What light schedule should I be on? I have 2 switches, so I can run 2 bulbs at a time, or 4... they are 2 actinic and 2 14k...

So far, I just turned on 2 bulbs, I dont want to shock them too much.... When would be good to use all 4? Tonight? Tomorrow? A week? Im just new and not sure the process of acclimating them to the different lights

justinf67
08/17/2010, 03:41 PM
nobody has an idea of a lighting schedule

Jacuzzi
08/17/2010, 04:21 PM
I think you should be ok running all 4 if your worried run 2 at a time one being actinic and 1 14k. Also we need more details on what type of lighting it is and what size tank ?

justinf67
08/17/2010, 05:04 PM
My tank size is in my sig, its a 29g bowfront. Lighting is a fishneedit 4 bulb t5ho....2 actinic bulbs, 2 14k...they are stock bulbs that came with the fixture...if i run all 4, what should I be on the lookout for on the corals? bleaching and them not coming out, right?

Jacuzzi
08/17/2010, 05:13 PM
yeah but bleaching would take a while and by then some damage would be done. I have over 450 watts of light over my 40 and I notice when a new coral is added if i put it too high it will become mishapen and kinda curl up, mostly zoas. Thats when I move them to the sand bed or under my rock. Basically just look for your corals to look unhappy but I dont see to much of an issue as your not overpowering them with light. And if they look unhappy just move them lower and off to the side.