PDA

View Full Version : Crosshatch in reef

uireef
08/17/2010, 02:33 PM
Hi, I a 185 gal reef tank and want to put a male crosshatch 6/7 inch into. My corals are mainly sps mostly frags and chalice also mainly frags. Most of my acros are epoxy onto rocks and all chalice frags are on plugs sitting on the bottom of tank. Will the fish pick up frags and break acros?

seayu
08/17/2010, 03:28 PM
I just saw one in a local shop in their main display reef. I must tell you though this thing was huge. I'm not too sure if your tank is even big enough.

khaosinc
08/17/2010, 03:43 PM
I hate to sound like the trigger police..

But the crosshatch in my Avatar was in a 220 and that tank was not near big enough for him in my opinion. Could clear the entire tank in under a second and smack the other wall.

They can re arrange things and knock stuff over diving in to the rocks as well. I was new to saltwater and he didn't make it 6 months.

tasha6
08/17/2010, 03:59 PM
I currently have a pair in my 540 and to date they have not messed with anything. Its only been a couple of months and I do not have sps but do have some softies and lps.

khaosinc
08/17/2010, 04:02 PM
As far as messed with things, I think mine was just bored and it was wild caught at that size, and never adjusted to living in a box.