PDA

View Full Version : Developing Aquatronic Server - who's interested ?

proenca
08/18/2010, 05:12 AM
Hi there,

So I bought my Aquatronic unit and cames up with all the goodies, included the ethernet module but its REALLY poor the ethernet support.

Fortunatly, they do provide programming and support, have to get a bit deep but it seems easy to do something that I always wanted which is :

- webserver in a computer, PC or Mac ( using APACHE for this, it works both in PC's and MAC's and keep everyone happy
- mySQL database to log data ( again, its free and works in PC and Macs )
- web page that controls the bar , like the aquatronica one but in a more prettier package
- since its possible ( at least from what I'm reading, have to test over the next week ) for a page to request the values, the purpose of my webpage is to query the control system of the values ( pH, Redox, Salinity , etc ) and LOG them in the mySQL database, every 5 minutes, automatically
- this will allow also the webpage to display graphics of each parameter over the last hours
- since its a custom webpage, small window integrated for a webcam

all that wrapped up that means a prettier webpage, same controls than the aquatronica controls but also will display charts and logs of each of the sensor.

anyone interested ?

Paradiddle7
08/18/2010, 06:20 AM
Are you familiar with Aqua Stats?

http://www.waldonell.com/me/aquastats

proenca
08/18/2010, 11:40 AM
not at all .) as I said, just bought the system .)

saved my life, that was exactly what I wanted to do !

RobbyG
08/18/2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah it's one sweet piece of software.

Paradiddle7
08/19/2010, 11:42 AM
I 2nd that notion. I'm a manager at a software company, team and project lead and senior developer. I would hire Mr31415 any day. Not only is it a great piece of software but he developed it extremely fast! Props to Mr31415!

Now if we could only get AT to build an API or at least decrypt the settings files, I would build more software. Let's not get into that discussion again though!

Mr31415
11/13/2010, 05:58 PM
:) Thanks for the kind words. Due to severely restricted free time I cannot develop this application any further. It is now available under the GPL. Feel free to download and modify it to your heart's content. Code is not very elegant, as is what happens when you develop it that quickly.

Here: http://www.waldonell.com/me/aquastats