PDA

View Full Version : Help with my zoa

louiserose
08/18/2010, 03:21 PM
Hi, i bought this zoa (the lfs called it a button polyp, i think it's the same) 2 weeks ago. It fully opened for about a day but then we had to move it because it didn't look very stable.

The next day only a tiny bit of it opened and it has been that way ever since. The lfs told me to check if anything is munching on it or even touching it but there isn't.

We've moved it to several different places in the tank but nothing helps.

Ammonia is at 0
Nitrite is just about registering on the scale so not perfect but not very high
Nitrate 12.5
Calcium 410
ph - 8.2

Temperature is at a steady 26 degrees.

We have 2 korallia 2's running.

If there's any more info that could help please let me know.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? :(

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/nelly1976/SDC12499.jpg

louiserose
08/18/2010, 03:29 PM
I think i may have figured out what the problem is. There's a little thing sticking out of it and i've just found on a thread that it's called a hydroid jellyfish. Is it just a case of picking it off or is it more complicated than that?

Damasta5
08/18/2010, 07:16 PM
I would say to dip it. It might of got stressed out and got a parasite. try dipping it in lugols iodine or coral revive

GotSopranos?
08/18/2010, 08:06 PM
If your temp is really 26 degrees your prolly freezing them to death:)

B-Willz
08/18/2010, 08:55 PM
I am going to guess the OP is not in the U.S. and it would probably be celcius in which case is close to 79 ferenheit. It may just be the pick but it kind of looks like it is shaded, if so get it into some light. Would also agree with the dip.

louiserose
08/19/2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys. It is just the picture (my camera is rubbish!) and it is in celcius :)

I've managed to remove the creature from it and we've repositioned it too so fingers crossed it's a bit happier now :D