PDA

View Full Version : Midas & Bi-Colour Blenny

Michael B
08/18/2010, 11:54 PM
Morning Folks,

I have a standard 5 foot set-up & already have a Midas Blenny. My question is, can I add a Bi-Colour Blenny at all?

Thanks in advance for the input

Michael B

eskymick
08/19/2010, 06:31 AM
At one point in time, I had a Midas and Bi-Color together. The Midas was added to the reef long after the Bi-color had already been established, but there was no aggression at all.
In fact, in a very short time they hung out together often ... sometimes "perching" together in the same hole in the rocks.

Gogandantess
08/20/2010, 04:58 AM
I don't know about you guys, but the bi-color blennies that I've had in the past are the biggest wussies ever! They're super cautious and scared and always running to hide once they see me. I gave up on them. I think the tailspots are more willing to come out in the open.

mallorieGgator
08/20/2010, 08:10 AM
There's a bicolor at our LFS in their display and he's cautious but then if you stand there for awhile, he comes around to the front of the glass to inspect. There's a wrasse in with him and he's never territorial to them.

Michael B
06/02/2011, 10:46 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the bi-color blennies that I've had in the past are the biggest wussies ever! They're super cautious and scared and always running to hide once they see me. I gave up on them. I think the tailspots are more willing to come out in the open.

Must agree & ended up going that route (here is my little guy)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad273/MichaelBorcherds/_MG_3059.jpg

Moort82
06/03/2011, 02:08 AM
Ideally you'd want to add the midas after the bi as they are more aggressive but in a 5ft tank it should have plenty of space to hide away.

Moort82
06/03/2011, 02:09 AM
Should add though i also went the tailspot blenny route and they do seem much more active, spending a lot more time in the water column and being fairly inquisitive when your around the tank.

jbowen
06/03/2011, 04:33 AM
my bicolor is the exact opposite. He spends all of the time out in the open and head butts any hermits who cross his path. Hes been likes this since the day I brought him home.

Michael B
06/03/2011, 06:27 AM
Should add though i also went the tailspot blenny route and they do seem much more active, spending a lot more time in the water column and being fairly inquisitive when your around the tank.

Do agree, very active & not really scared of me which is great

my bicolor is the exact opposite. He spends all of the time out in the open and head butts any hermits who cross his path. Hes been likes this since the day I brought him home.

That is awesome - good to know