PDA

View Full Version : Can a N. wennerae be purple and orange?

ritter6788
08/19/2010, 11:09 AM
I just picked up another free hitchiker and the rock is from Florida usually where N. wennerae come from and I already picked up a wennerae from the same guys tank. This one is 1/2 inch MAYBE, it's the smallest I've ever seen and he never heard it clicking in his tank. This stomatopd has a purple body and orange telson and some orange on it's head, maybe his antennae. There's no way I can get a pic of meral spots or anything like that so I'm not asking for an ID, too small. I just want to know if it's possible for N. wennerae to be this color to help me narrow down my search. Thanks for any help.

VacavilleFC3S
08/19/2010, 11:26 AM
yes, my first mantis was assumed to be an wennerae and was purple/blue with yellow legs

DanInSD
08/19/2010, 02:04 PM
Neogonodactylus curacaoensis, maybe?

ritter6788
08/19/2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. Dan that could be it but to be honest I won't be able to tell. This thing is way too small. I think I have it narrowed down to those 2 at least. Maybe when he gets a little bigger I'll be able to pick out some better characteristics.

Gonodactylus
08/19/2010, 05:41 PM
Its a N. curacaoensis. The orange on the head (between the eyes) is diagnositic.

Roy

ritter6788
08/19/2010, 06:02 PM
Its a N. curacaoensis. The orange on the head (between the eyes) is diagnositic.

Roy

Ah, thank you so much. Thanks everyone for the replies.