PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn isnt doing very well. Last chance to try to help it back to life

on_ice
08/19/2010, 05:55 PM
I went away for 2 weeks and had my roommates take care of my tank. Everything went well except for some reason my two coral banded shrimp died and the ballast in my light went out. I dont know how long my lights were out but my frogspawn took a hit. It is almost fully receded and in need of lots of help. I have it towards the top of my tank with high flow. What are optimal conditions and what else could I do?

Ynotme4886
08/19/2010, 06:21 PM
high flow is not a good thing.

I have all my frog hammer torches in very moderate flow. Just enough to move the heads on the polyps but not enough to jar them around in a rough fashion. Too much flow will damage the heads and cause tearing of the tissue.

tom499
08/19/2010, 06:43 PM

I agree with this. Easy with the flow.How long were the lights out it maybe a factor. Good luck.

ritter6788
08/19/2010, 06:55 PM

I have all my frog hammer torches in very moderate flow. Just enough to move the heads on the polyps but not enough to jar them around in a rough fashion. Too much flow will damage the heads and cause tearing of the tissue.

I agree with this. Easy with the flow.How long were the lights out it maybe a factor. Good luck.

Agree 100%. I lost a large hammer that I didn't notice was getting too much flow on the back side of it.

Reefman29
08/19/2010, 06:58 PM
If possible you could feed it and make sure that you don't suddenly turn on the lights. It may need to be moved lower in the tank and brought back up so it doesn't bleach.