PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!

Damasta5
08/21/2010, 09:14 AM
A guy wants to sell me a sobe watermelon chalice with no eyes on it. I was told it will die with out the eyes but he says it wont die and will grow eyes please help!!

GhostCon1
08/21/2010, 09:20 AM
I've not had any experiences with chalices, but I can give you two hypotheses that I have on that.

One, if you frag it with no eyes when it continues to grow they should appear; assuming the flesh has the zooxanthellae algae within it and not just on the eye, it would live.

Two, the eye is the location of the zooxanthellae algae and without it no photosynthesis could occur, thus killing the coral.

Also, I think chalices are lps corals. I know this didn't help at all, but maybe it will give you a way to search it better to find out for sure.

Damasta5
08/21/2010, 09:21 AM
thanks I wasn't sure to post in LPS or SPS because I get different answers everytime

Felixc395
08/21/2010, 11:17 PM
Yep, chalices are lps and there'd be more advice there than here. But I'm sure some one will be nice enough to help here (other than ghostcon1, haha). I wish I could help you here but lps are not my thing. Good luck and I hope you find your answer! :)