PDA

View Full Version : Little long skinny worms near my zoanthids/palys?? What are they?

luconi
08/21/2010, 09:25 AM
So I've had some problems with this zoa/paly small colony thing, and I've been trying to understand what is going on. From what I have seen come off of it after a ReVive Coral Cleaner dip and freshwater dips, it seems to me like bristle worms might be agitating them, causing them to close up, and then for some reason some never open again. I just noticed this morning though, that there are some skinny about 1/2 inch-1 inch (maybe I'm off on the lengths a little) worms that, if I remember right, were a slight red color to white. Could they be baby bristle worms? Are they some kind of bad or good worm? Pictures probably won't work well with this because my camera isn't the greatest in the world for close up shots on tiny things like these. (other things that came off after dipping them in the ReVive Coral Cleaner last night would be what I believe to be: amphipods, copepods, maybe 2 isopods but not sure, and there were some tiny red things on the bottom but I don't know if that was just from the rock or if they were actually living. If it was red bugs, wouldn't they only hurt stony corals?) Please help and thanks in advance for answers! ;)

luconi
08/22/2010, 04:40 PM
Nobody? BUMP!

B-Willz
08/22/2010, 04:51 PM
I have bristles that crawl through my z/p they close up for about half hour then open back up. I have seen it for years and they have never damaged any of the polyps.

footballdude2k3
08/22/2010, 05:10 PM
i dont understand...where are the pictars??

luconi
08/24/2010, 03:36 PM
I don't have pictures, because, like I explained before, my camera wouldn't be too good at getting the tiny things in the tank. And I was thinking, maybe it has nothing to do with damaging my polyps, but maybe they are the tentacles of a hair/spaghetti worm?? I don't know....

mscarpena
08/24/2010, 03:42 PM
No picture most likely no help. Sorry.

vikubz
08/24/2010, 07:21 PM
Long, thread-like worms that look like they come out of the rock? Spaghetti worm, I have a bunch. Not a problem.