PDA

View Full Version : Start of my second tank. Whats your opinion on what I should do?

niftyjosh
08/21/2010, 07:16 PM
Its been over a month from the point of it cycling but I havent stocked anything yet.

10 gal
single t5
HOB Filter

Its going to be fish only but Im having trouble deciding what. The wife wants a very cool eel the LFS has had for a very long time and is only about 6-7 inches long and thin. The dont have an ID on it besides the fact its a moray.

Id rather have a single fish.

Lemme hear what you think.

Not the best pic
http://reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2435&pictureid=19641

thebkramer
08/21/2010, 07:21 PM
I like it :) Looks really different from the usual!
IMHO.. I would say no to the eel. A 10g is too small and they are great escape artists!!
You could do an awesome pistol shrimp and watchman goby pair and maybe a couple of clown gobies :)
Or a catalina goby and some clown gobies. Even though its a 10g.. you still have lots to chose from. Just don't overload it :D
Have you checked out www.liveaquaria.com for some ideas?

niftyjosh
08/21/2010, 07:30 PM
I do plan on moving this to my 55 when I get rid of the 100's of baby convicts that call it home now.

The bottle in the pic is one I found snorkeling off of Grand Turk last week. Pretty old bottle and was made only a few miles from my house in Mass.

mcghee33
08/21/2010, 07:47 PM
That bottle and grass definitely give it a different feel! I agree with thebkramer, the eel wouldn't work in a tank that small wait till you getnthe 55 going, a pair of clown would work maybe some maroon clowns that would be less cliché. Best of luck!