PDA

View Full Version : Hagen Glo light bulbs

slurik
08/22/2010, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone, I was talking with someone about my lighting arrangement yesterday and they mentioned it would be more beneficial for me to use only 1 actinic light and add daylights in their place. I currently have 10,000k daylight, and 2x 20,000k actinic lights. I have a hagen "powerglo" bulb that i somehow came across somewhere along the line and considered that i could use this bulb since it closely resembled daylight. When i plugged it in, i noticed it looked almost nothing like daylight, at least when compared to my "Current" brand 10,000k Daylight (this produces white/greenish coloured light).

I went and poked around to find the colour temperature of this light bulb, and hagen says it to be 18,000K. What my question is, how come this bulb appears a whitish pink, but is so darn high in colour temperature? I was under the belief that red colours come out in the lower degrees K, with "cool" white/blue at higher end as we see with actinic bulbs.

Ultimately, my REAL question is quite simple, will this pink bulb promote better photosynthesis than a blue 20,000K bulb.

Thanks for any help, I know the question may be elementary, but I really feel like I am missing something of epic proportions here relating to colour temperature...

slurik
08/23/2010, 07:49 AM
I noticed after a night, my question was thrown back 3 pages, I'd just like to bump it this once to see if anyone can answer. Just once, I promise!

shifty51008
08/23/2010, 10:55 AM
you may want to try posting this in the lighting forum.