PDA

View Full Version : Where did the Email Outlet go?

snarkes
08/23/2010, 04:53 PM
I updated my firmware last night and now I no longer see the email alarm or sound alarm features that used to be on the Outlet setup or the Status setup. Where did they go?

kenargo
08/23/2010, 05:03 PM
They should be there shortly after a reboot (on the 1st poll). If they are not there, save your program (hopefully you had) and perform an AB Initialize and that should rescan all devices and bring them back.

... I don't think I've ever heard of this happening...

swearint
08/23/2010, 05:19 PM
The guy in this thread had a similar issue. Not clear if he ever got it resolved.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1888039

Todd

snarkes
08/23/2010, 05:20 PM
Umm... at the risk of sounding incredibly ignorant... wha?!

Should I unplug it real quick to see what happens when I bring it up?

How do I save my program so that if I do this it doesnt lose everything and I end up having to create my profiles and outlet setups... again. (it seems like right after i updated it wouldnt keep any of the outlet programs there for a bit... was up rather late making sure stuff would stick).

What is an AB Initialize?

EDIT: Yeah... after looking at that thread, it sounds exactly like what happened to me... all the virtual outlets are history. And I was really having a heck of a time just getting the profile programming to stick. I'd enter a program for the Heater... click update... navigate to a different outlet to set it up... come back and it would be back to stock programming on the heater profile...

snarkes
08/23/2010, 05:42 PM
Well... bit of an update.

Called Neptune and was like, "Duuuude... whatchu do to my programs?!"

They said I'd need to reinitialize the unit like Ken said above. You have to do it through your head unit so it would be Main Menu > Systems > Init Memory. This will rescan/resetup everything and hopefully my virtual outlets will come back. Any programs I had saved before will come back up... which is a plus.

However... the ones I programmed last night (before realizing I had a problem) such as all the Vortech profiles and then the programming for them ... are lost. So... I'll be copying the programs over to Word and then doing this.

Yay...