PDA

View Full Version : opinions please

febreez
08/25/2010, 11:36 AM
Hello all
I just wanted to post a few pictures and see what people think ( and get some input ) of my clowns and there anemone, you know (good, bad, what kind of anemone ) I tried to post a video but that did not work. The pictures are not the best but oh well.

thanks in advance

2Addicted
08/25/2010, 11:48 AM
That is a gigantea carpet anemone. Very nice! How long have you had it?

febreez
08/25/2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the reply
I have had it for right at a month now; It is sitting midways up in a 90 gal. With good flow and lighting; It is not the prettiest of anemones but I like it.

febreez
08/25/2010, 02:33 PM
anyone else? dang I thought opinions were like A holes we all have one

2Addicted
08/25/2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the reply
I have had it for right at a month now; It is sitting midways up in a 90 gal. With good flow and lighting; It is not the prettiest of anemones but I like it.

It looks really healthy! Where did you get it? They are my favorite kind of anemone and im trying to get my hands on one.

IPisces
08/25/2010, 04:49 PM
The clowns are adorable. They look like they are enjoying the amemone. Looks like a good fit for them and a really nice healthy animal too.

febreez
08/26/2010, 11:11 AM
Addicted
I got it from a local reefer / lfs, but he said it would not get very big, gigs get prety large correct?
I was leaning toward mertensii for ID but that is just a guess on my part.

Pisces
Thanks for the comment, I like the clowns also I could just watch them all day as they go after the other fish when they swim by.

2Addicted
08/26/2010, 01:19 PM
Addicted
I got it from a local reefer / lfs, but he said it would not get very big, gigs get prety large correct?
I was leaning toward mertensii for ID but that is just a guess on my part.

Pisces
Thanks for the comment, I like the clowns also I could just watch them all day as they go after the other fish when they swim by.

Im actually not sure on the max size. On la it says three feet but the lfs guy told me they get up to 10 feet?

PayasoDelMar
08/26/2010, 01:58 PM
In nature they can get huge, but in home aquariums they usually grow about 2 feet or so.

Thats a nice looking gig btw

andymh
08/27/2010, 12:45 AM
Nice looking clowns and anemone

Winwood
08/27/2010, 07:19 PM
I believe merten's carpets grow to have the largest diameter of all anemones at around 1 meter, a little over 3 feet. So a gigantea at ten feet might warrant a new episode of MonsterQuest!

Winwood
08/27/2010, 07:23 PM
Love the percs with the gigantea by the way! I'm a sucker for natural combos!

2Addicted
08/27/2010, 09:01 PM
I believe merten's carpets grow to have the largest diameter of all anemones at around 1 meter, a little over 3 feet. So a gigantea at ten feet might warrant a new episode of MonsterQuest!

lol thats what I was thinking in my head when he said that. He was like be careful man they can eat you!:fun2: