PDA

View Full Version : Undy

JustinReef
08/26/2010, 09:52 PM
How many of you have kept an Undulated Trigger with soft corals?

I had a small one a few years back and it left everything alone. I have been really lucky with triggers over the years but Undy's are known to be aggressive. It would be in a 75 alone.

Thanks!

JustinReef
08/27/2010, 07:55 PM
No one?

I know other fish and inverts are out but how likely are they to eat or shred corals? Im sure its quite likely but would like to hear from people with experience.

jonbry123
08/27/2010, 08:58 PM
I've never had an Undy but have had many others such as the clown and it loved to munch on my sps even though well fed. Anything is possible but make sure it is the only fish in the tank as they are extremely agressive and be sure you know where it is before you put your hand in the tank as it will bite you.

T-T-Trigger
08/28/2010, 12:30 AM
they like to dig in the sand and move stuff around - take occasional bites of lps. sps i dont know. softies for the most part should be ok, except for the occasional coating of flying sand or being dragged somewhere new.

Recty
08/28/2010, 01:28 AM
It's funny you mention that, I just watched my undulated send up a huge cloud storm, he started goofing around in the small pile of live rock rubble I've got. I think he got stuck and he just started thrashing. He moved a LOT of sand before he finally got free, any corals on that half of the tank would be covered right now.

He put a nice big scratch on his face too where he was pushing so hard against the live rock.

welsher7
08/28/2010, 10:46 AM
I had a a finger leather in with my undy and he left it alone for a couple months. Until it started ripping it up one day.

reefergeorge
08/28/2010, 11:03 AM
Not an undy, but my picasso is fine with soft corals.