PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 firmware upgrade

birmjam
08/27/2010, 07:56 AM
I tried upgrading the firmware on my AC3 from 3.0 to 3.4 but I got the error message that version 3.2 was needed first. Could I be doing something wrong with the way I am upgrading? I followed instructions from other posts (i.e. no wireless connection, etc). Or, do I in fact need to upgrade to version 3.2 and then 3.4 from there?

Thanks,

Specialtang
08/27/2010, 11:41 AM
You do not need ver 3.2 however you will have to force the upgrade by forcing / the power cycle method it talks about.

Specialtang
08/28/2010, 06:55 PM
Option B
--------

If the firmware version in the AquaController is less than version 3.20 (see selftest) or is corrupt
use the option B method to update the firmware.

Extract the files in the zip file into a new directory. Run the ac3loader.exe application.

On the DHCP Setup tab:
Make the IP pool starting address an unused IP address on your local
network (usually something like 192.168.1.50).
Set the netmask (usually 255.255.255.0)
Make the size of pool equal to 1 or more.
Set the boot file to aqua.bin

Make sure that no other DHCP server is running on your local network. If you computer is plugged into
a router then it likely has a DHCP server running. Login into your router via your webbrowser to shut
down its DHCP.

Shut off all firewalls/filters on your PC.

Then restart the AquaController 3 by power cycling.
Press the select button and hold down during the Memory Test, when the display goes blank
release the select button.
Scroll to the update flash entry and press select
You should see several dots appear in the status text box as the firmware is downloaded.
After the download go to the selftest screen of the AquaController. The firmware version should
be 3.40S with a date of 6/1/09.

If you have trouble updating the firmware, please email the log on the bottom of the window to
support@neptunesys.com.