PDA

View Full Version : clown pairing question

Ethan_W
08/27/2010, 03:10 PM
my female was in my tank for about 4 months by herself and she's a false percula. i added a juvi/male ORA true perc about 4 weeks ago and they still have yet to pair up. she does bully him every once in awhile but i know they arent paired yet because they usually stay separate.

i work for a pet store and most clowns ive seen introduced to each other pair up fairly quickly as juveniles except for a few maroons. including hearing other stories on here.

so im wondering if they havent paired up yet should i take him back to my LFS and try to trade him for a new one or just try to wait it out? he has no injuries or scars yet and he is healthy and eats well. advise?

SammyJ916
08/27/2010, 04:11 PM
First off you are trying to pair an occelaris with a true percula, second clownfisj are silly as they do not always follow general rules. They might get along but chances of them pairing up is pretty slim. Try getting another bigger occelaris

davocean
08/27/2010, 04:30 PM
Actually I would leave them alone, they can pair up, and if the female hasn't already beat it to a pulp, they probably will be ok soon.

Mavrk
08/28/2010, 12:46 AM
Actually I would leave them alone, they can pair up, and if the female hasn't already beat it to a pulp, they probably will be ok soon.

If they pair up, can they become a mating pair? I thought not since they are different species.

mbattles22
08/28/2010, 08:33 AM
Our large maroon beat up our small maroon for at least a week or two, then they just stayed on opposite sides of the tank for several weeks. It was over a month before they paired up! Now they are inseparable. :love2:

davocean
08/28/2010, 09:25 AM
If they pair up, can they become a mating pair? I thought not since they are different species.

Yes, they can pair, Sanjays photons are a mix of occ and perc, same as doni's snowcasso's.

Ethan_W
09/02/2010, 12:08 PM
here are the 2 clowns btw. like i said the smaller clown isnt beaten to a pulp. he's still undamaged he just gets picked on throughout the day. but he doesnt seem stressed by it in any way.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/swankk137/ryanspics374.jpg

oba97
09/02/2010, 02:00 PM
I have had a single clown for about two years. Do you think I could add another at this point?