PDA

View Full Version : what is this affecting the lateral line in this angel?

kinlayan
08/28/2010, 04:51 PM
I have seen this on a couple of angels and one of mine has it now s well it doesnt appear to be lateral line disease but looks like white almost stringy nodules which appear from the lateral line pits often on just one side?

Any idea is it flukes , if so why only the lateral line?

here is a video with an angel that has it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1y-JTX4FaI

kinlayan
08/29/2010, 04:35 AM
bump anyone have any idea?

JHemdal
08/29/2010, 06:48 AM
I've seen this before, but whenever I scraped the material, all I saw under the microscope was mucus. That said, supposedly this can be a symptom of an internal fungus, Ichthyophonus hoferi. It isn't flukes (although the fish *could* have flukes as well - you just wouldn't see them like that).
The angel is eating very well though! My only thought is to keep pumping the food to it and hope for the best. The fish is a bit cramped in that sparse chamber - it would do better with more room and normal tank decorations - even during quarantine.

Jay

Gary Majchrzak
08/29/2010, 06:54 AM
The fish is a bit cramped in that sparse chamber - it would do better with more room and normal tank decorations - even during quarantine.
my thoughts as well.
At the very least, remove the butterfly.

rssjsb
08/29/2010, 03:13 PM
I don't think the video was shot by the OP. I think it's just something online with symptoms similar to that on his/her fish.

kinlayan
08/29/2010, 03:23 PM
thanks for the response yes it isnt my angel in the vid but same symptoms what is the drug of choice to treat an internal fungus if it is?