PDA

View Full Version : Acro ID, por favor

fraggleRocks
08/29/2010, 07:53 AM
The main colony was STN'ing for a while and its starting to come back after 2 months after being fragged and moved into a more stable system (the other sps to the right is from the same colony also).

Anybody know what it is??? The color is off on my cam, its more of a deeper burnt-orange color with a tinge of green when the light hits it at the right angle. Once it colors up completely i'm sure it will be stunning.

Thank you in advance for any leads in the right direction :D

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj198/wavecookies/SPSID.jpg

buy_baff
08/29/2010, 08:59 PM
Acro stinkyfragumas LOL JK don't know.

Frick
08/29/2010, 09:05 PM
Ouch. Very hard to tell. Let it color up and bring it back. I am very curious to see what it will be. I recently had some that looked like that three months ago and some colored up to be green with neon blue tips, others turned out to be a.nana. You wouldn't be able to tell the diff between them when I got them though.

fraggleRocks
08/30/2010, 11:12 AM
Ouch. Very hard to tell. Let it color up and bring it back. I am very curious to see what it will be. I recently had some that looked like that three months ago and some colored up to be green with neon blue tips, others turned out to be a.nana. You wouldn't be able to tell the diff between them when I got them though.

When I first got it, it was very healthy and fully colored up. Its a very deep burnt orange color, very very nice color. It had tinges of green and purple depending on the angle and the lighting. The previous owner had the colony under metal halide lighting. When I got it I placed it under T5's.

I blame the STN'ing on fluctuations of alk levels and possibly a brief battle of too much PO4 in the system which has since been under control. The original colony is still not happy, and is currently the only SPS colony in that tank. The STNing has slowly decreased, but I felt that a move of the entire colony to another more stable tank might push it over the edge and cause it to RTN (has over 30 independent branches, each about 2-3" in length), which is why I originally fragged parts of the colony and placed them in a different system for observation. I chose to try to bring back one frag to see if it would be able to recover, judging from this piece, prognosis looks pretty good! :D

Mother colony is currently coloring up nicely on the top, but the base looks pretty much gone but has not spread (according to pictures taken weekly in the same places, then I compare them). That tank is currently stable, but I might frag the whole colony if the base starts to affect the branches. Only time will tell.

Also, if this helps any, the mother colonies branches have spread outward from the colony. Each individual branch does NOT fork off and re-branch at all (this might help in ID'ing it, but I dont know where to start to look for the info)

fraggleRocks
09/01/2010, 07:45 AM
bump....

Bueler...?....

Lariviere
09/06/2010, 04:27 PM
i guest with valida