PDA

View Full Version : What must be done to help my Rose Anemone recoupe to full health?

Brygmophyseter
08/30/2010, 01:51 AM
Good evening, I have a Rose Anemone that I have had for about 4 years now and it has been excellent, (especially for my tomato clown), up until about 9 months ago. He used to be about 4 1/2 inches in diameter, but then he shrank to about 1 inch if that. He moved to the top front corner of my tank and has resided there for the past 8 months, but never died. He never ate when I tried to hand feed him, but in the last 3 days he started eating again and extending his tenticals fully for the first time.

So I am not sure if he is coming around or why he shrunk in the first place, but was wondering if there is anything I could be doing to help get him to his original size again and healthy, so my little clown has a home again :sad1:

thanx in advance for any advice! :rollface:

Toddrtrex
08/30/2010, 10:58 AM
Some info on your tank would be nice.

Size
Lights
Water parameters -- with numbers
What all do you have in the tank

Mavrk
08/30/2010, 11:27 PM
Some info on your tank would be nice.

Size
Lights
Water parameters -- with numbers
What all do you have in the tank

Also, how old are your lights? Glad it is making a comeback. If it will eat, then feeding it will get it to grow faster.

Brygmophyseter
08/31/2010, 01:45 AM
Sorry, I should have posted my readings :idea:

pH ~ 8.2
Amonia ~ 0
Nitrite ~ 0
Nitrate ~ 0
dKH ~ 8.3
CA ~ 280 (I know it's low, but I am currently getting it up there)
PO4 ~ less than .10 (been getting this down also)
SG ~ 0.024

Only things in my tank are my live rock, my tomato clown and my poor anemone that I am nursing back to health :sad1: Everything else died about 8 months ago and I havn't had time to put into the tank until now.

Tank is 55g, 2x 150w 20k MH lights (brand new bulbs), Super Skimmer, Sump with only microfiber filter pad in it, Mag-5 return pump.