PDA

View Full Version : Decorations for Molting

Durbelethwen
08/30/2010, 04:33 PM
I got a new book which suggests that I put in the substrate and decorations in my tank before I fill it with water; so I have been thinking about what decorations to buy for my tank. I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to get for my fish "homes", but I was wondering what sort of decorations should I get for my cleaner shrimp to hide in while it is molting?

Another matter: My local pet store sells calcium sand for terrestrial hermit crabs. My question is will it such sand be of any help for a cleaner shrimp or a snail as PART of the substrate? Thank you.

cdeboard
09/01/2010, 11:51 AM
Decorations? Do you not have any porous rock in the tank?

KeMo
09/01/2010, 12:58 PM
Im pritty shure their talking about stuff like plastic toy crap and what not. I would go against anything that is not natural . While keeping freshwater tanks I bought some of mushroom log and after about 2 months the paint started to run off .
If your going with a reef tank or a fish only tank you should get live rock . Nothing looks better then the real deal.

AJSTITAN14
09/01/2010, 04:26 PM
I don't know any saltwater tanks that have decorations. The corals and fish are decoration enough imo.