PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing prop tank in w/ DT…Let see your setup

Mr. Right
08/31/2010, 09:12 AM
Like it says guys. I want to get some ideas on how you all plumbed your prop system in w/ your display. I just set my prop tank up and I’m still not completely satisfied with the plumbing, so I want to get some ideas from others who have done it.

serpent
08/31/2010, 10:31 AM
I am also getting ready to do this and would like to see this.

Mr. Right
08/31/2010, 11:56 AM
If you could please tell us some details, sump size, skimmer, returns, etc. Or tell us about the disadvantages or advantages you have with an in-line prop tank. My prop system is a 60 gal that’s plumbed into my 20 gal sump (very under sized but it was the only thing that would fit under my Illuminata). I’m also running 2 returns (I know it’s redundant) because I like the insurance it provides; and in the event of one failing my whole system wont feel the effect. My prop has a toothless glass overflow w/ a durso which I’m thinking about changing due to noise and turbulence. Any who, I’m eager to see what you all have

mbl
08/31/2010, 01:13 PM
Ive got a 120g tank with a 100g sump and a 48x25x12 frag tank installed on the same sump. I'll post some pics if my camera ever gets back from the repair shop.

Mr. Right
08/31/2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks! Can't wait