PDA

View Full Version : New Fish for Frag Tank- Suggestions?

gofor100
08/31/2010, 05:34 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm almost at the point where my Frag Tank is completely set up, and I want to put a fish in that:

1) Will be happy in a 24" X 24" X 15" cube
2) Won't eat any corals/coral polyps or nip at clams
3) Interesting looking or at least has some kind of design or color to it
4) Will preferably munch on any algae that might grow in the tank- not a deal breaker if it doesn't
5) Is not a fish that I already have in the DT- Yellow Coris Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Starry Blenny, and Fridmani Dottyback

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Chad

twelvejewelz
08/31/2010, 08:40 PM
i would say some kind of wrasse not sure which one though as you need to find one you like the look of. They will eat any bugs that you may have on your frags this would help ensure you have good healthy frags.

Beblebe
08/31/2010, 08:54 PM
I would suggest a Sixline Wrasse, or a Purple Firefish. Both are easy to care for and look good. My Sixline is constantly picking at my LR.

RealReef7
08/31/2010, 09:24 PM
a small blenny to keep the tank clean.

R_Hudson
08/31/2010, 10:00 PM
Maybe some type of basslett or a pair of clowns. I would say a wrasse but you already have 1 in the display. I would agree with the firefish but they will jump out of that tank unless it's covered

gofor100
09/01/2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys...

twelvejewelz: I was thinking of a wrasse as well, but might be leaning towards something that will keep any algae growth cut down... plus, the tank will not be covered (forgot to mention that, sorry), so I'm afraid that any wrasse I put in there will go carpet surfing sooner or later.

beblebe: Is the six-line a jumper??? If not, he could definitely be a candidate even though they don't eat algae (or at least I don't think they do).

realreef7: I'm definitely open to a blenny (anything except a starry/lawnmower blenny since I already have one of those in my DT). Any suggestions on which blenny?

RHudson: A basslett was also on my list (or some kind of dottyback), but I think clownfish would be out since I'm looking for something a little more functional.

Thanks again guys... I look forward to your feedback.

Beblebe
09/01/2010, 09:03 AM
Yeah the Sixline is known to jump, and my firefish that I had jumped. They're both out unless you're willing to take the risk.