PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a new Clown

demonnite57
09/01/2010, 11:25 AM
I've had a Cinnamon Clown for a couple months now (he's approx. 2" in legnth) and my girlfriend decided to grab another Cinnamon. This one is approx 1.5" in length and after acclimation and a bit of letting the new one sit in a clear container within the tank we put him in the tank. Three days later I came home from work and noticed the new clown was beaten up and almost on his last thread of health.

I made a quick decision and put him in my 20g tank which virtually has nothing in it but live rock, sand, and a few hermits (still deciding what to put in it). It's been four days since the emergency move and he's eating, swimming around and looking all around healthier.

Now, my question is, is there to safely introduce the new clown back into the tank without having to rearrange my whole aquascape?

Toddrtrex
09/01/2010, 11:30 AM
There is a good chance that the new one is also a female, and most likely will never be accepted.

I would try to purchase an even smaller one.

demonnite57
09/01/2010, 11:39 AM
I was afraid of that. I did a lot of reading before I even got my first clown, but I have to appease the girlfriend, lol. I'll see if I can find another Cinnamon that is smaller. When I do find one, is there any preferred ways to introduce the new clown to the tank with the current one being in it?

Toddrtrex
09/01/2010, 11:47 AM
I like to use a little betta box or breeder box -- and keep the new guy in there for 24 hours. Lets them get used to each other, and gives you an idea if it is going to work out.

It will look like this -- granted with clowns and not angels.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/toddrtrex/babypotter15.jpg

demonnite57
09/01/2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks! I'll try that out and see how it works! Appreciate the help