PDA

View Full Version : 9015 help

rehnberg
09/01/2010, 06:16 PM
Hello,
I just purchased a used 9015 and I have a question for you about it. I am thinking not all the parts are here for this skimmer. I am setting it up for in sump use. However it looks like the skimmer is working but no water is coming out of the output pipe with foam cartridge. I think it is missing the "sleeve below the cover" part. It does the have "cover for the aspirator", "cover with sliding unit". Wold missing this part make the skimmer not function correctly? I can't figure out where the water is coming out if it is not coming out the outpipe. Thanks
Jeremy

rehnberg
09/01/2010, 07:55 PM
Some more info about the skimmer. The previous owner thought it was the best skimmer ever. But he did mention that it was sensitive to changes in water level in the sump. I am assuming that is because it is not properly set up for in sump use?

shawnz28
09/02/2010, 10:08 PM
Yes this part is actually part of the extention kit to make the 9005 capable of working in a sump. It has been a while since I have toyed with one but I believe this is the part that keeps water from spilling out the inlet and thus forcing it up the standpipe.

rehnberg
09/03/2010, 10:47 AM
That is what I am thinking also..

rvitko
09/07/2010, 09:36 AM
As Shawn said, I did get your spare parts order and it will ship today. With the sleeve below cover installed the skimmer will work properly in 4-10" of water. This connector is what pressurizes the skimmer, otherwise water that would exit the pipe gets sucked right back in by the pump and goes through again. Sorry I am late, I was at MACNA.

rehnberg
09/07/2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks!