PDA

View Full Version : Maricultured Bali Blue Millipora

JeF4y
09/02/2010, 11:22 AM
I picked up a Blue Milli last night as my first "purchased" SPS (have a few that I inherited). I did a bit of research on it before the purchase and am excited to have added it and confident I have the environment to care for it.

The *ONE* thing I neglected to inquire about (until afterwards) was whether the piece was aquacultured or maricultured. It turns out this piece is maricultured from Bali.

Looking at the difference, I'm reading that maricultured is not as hardy and may be more difficult to care for.

Just wondering if anyone can comment on anything specific that I may be up against here.

Thanks!

john90009
09/02/2010, 11:51 AM
um they dont tend to be as hardy and if anyhting shifts they are usually the first to burn. they need to be placed in the perfict flow spot where it sways back and forth i had 4 millies and only have one because theres only one spot in my tank with that perfict flow and lighting for them. check for any pests round the base or for any AEFW most bali peaces have them.

john90009
09/02/2010, 11:52 AM
they seem to be very successful in the ulns or tanks with t-5 that are in other countries. corals go through a alot of stress coming over to us but if you get it to live its sweet. any pics?

JeF4y
09/02/2010, 12:09 PM
Right now it's down low in the tank for a few days. On Sat I have to do a water change and will bring it up top where I can snap a good pic of it.

It was dipped and showed no evidence of any pests, so that was a positive step.

I have a pretty good spot in mind which has nice turbulent flow & good lighting. Hopefully it works out. Will keep a closer eye on it. Pics on Mon or Tues!

pimp2daizzo
09/02/2010, 08:23 PM
wat shop you get it from???

JeF4y
09/03/2010, 07:12 AM
wat shop you get it from???

Creation Reef & Aquatics

chefzif
09/03/2010, 09:55 AM
Now you are a sps addict! Post a pic they are real nice looking Milli! Keep Reefin! chef