PDA

View Full Version : mystery wrasse

lgndrympterry
09/02/2010, 11:52 AM
I just received the mystery wrasse in the mail dripped acclimated him and added him about 30 minutes ago. As soon i as dropped him in He swim right in to the rocks, havent seen him since. Now the lights are off but chances are his in sandbed? ideas if this guy is hiding or possible he's no more?

Sugar Magnolia
09/02/2010, 11:54 AM
It will likely hide for a couple of days until it feels comfortable in it's new envirnonment. Leaving the tank lights off today is a good idea. I wouldn't worry about it.

crvz
09/02/2010, 12:07 PM
I've had similar wrasses disappear for a week or so after adding them to a tank, though hopefully you won't have the same experience. Give it some time and with luck you'll see it soon.

Guacamole
09/02/2010, 01:14 PM
Mystery wrasse's are very shy in my experience. Also be aware that they are really good at jumping so if you don't have a cover on your tank you may want to look into something. Jumping is how I lost mine. =( he was a great little guy. Good luck

Dave

Mavrk
09/02/2010, 04:20 PM
I don't know how well they ship. I had one once that I didn't QT (before I knew better). Couldn't find it for a day, saw it hiding thinking it was okay since it was still alive. Then the next day I found its skeleton floating around. My CUC is too efficient so I couldn't get my money from the guaranteed to live thing since they couldn't identify it (I bet F&S would have been able to ID it, but I didn't order from them). At least I got a good deal :P

lgndrympterry
09/08/2010, 11:14 PM
i found it, and its eating great